Fall 2017 classes full by now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Austinftw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewing on May
California school of podiatric medicine
New york podiatric medical school
Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine

Any chance of hitting a spot in the Fall 2017, or is it too late?

Members don't see this ad.

Doubt they would interview you if spots were entirely filled. Seats are obviously filling up though so better nail that interview!

Looking at your post history: 3.61 sGPA , 499 mcat, URM

You should be fine

With a higher mcat you'd probably net several DO acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Doubt they would interview you if spots were entirely filled. Seats are obviously filling up though so better nail that interview!

although I do think there are seats available this year and definitely worth it to apply, this statement isn't actually true. They do still interview even after spots are entirely filled. People end up getting into DO or MD schools, or were wait listed at another program that they end up getting in, or simply dropping it last second for one reason or another. By this time other years, this is what they would be doing, interviewing for position on their alternate list.

with that being said, this is the cycle that you have a good chance of getting in somewhere even though it's very late. I would even say you have a chance at any of the 9 schools.

Reactions: 1 user
People end up getting into DO or MD schools, or were wait listed at another program that they end up getting in, or simply dropping it last second for one reason or another.

True, didn't consider that!

I interviewed late May last year and got into NYCPM. And there were still like another 10 classmates who got in even later than me in June/July. Seeing as this year there was an applicant shortage again, you should be fine.

I interviewed late May last year and got into NYCPM. And there were still like another 10 classmates who got in even later than me in June/July. Seeing as this year there was an applicant shortage again, you should be fine.

How do you like NYCPM so far? What is the first year like? And what were your stats for getting in late in the cycle? (you don't have to say if you don't want to).

Must ace that interview then. There's still hope indeed.

Must ace that interview then. There's still hope indeed.

Anyone know where I can find most commonly asked questions by school?
I swear I saw a list on sdn forum somewhere.

If anyone is interested or curious:

NYCPM sent me an email today "reminding" me to finish and submit my app for fall '17. So I assume there are still seats available in NYCPM!

If anyone is interested or curious:

NYCPM sent me an email today "reminding" me to finish and submit my app for fall '17. So I assume there are still seats available in NYCPM!
An alumni of my undergrad goes there and works in admissions office, there are still spots available. A handful from the way she put it.

Reactions: 1 users