MHA Fall 2017: Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can those who attended the USC Admitted Students Day share their experience? I wasn't able to make it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School: Small, Private School
GPA: 3.66
GRE: Q: 151 V: 157 AW: 5
Major: Economics and Political Science
-1.5 years working as a patient coordinator

Applied: UW
Interview: UW (2/24)

Waitlist:
Rejected:
Accepted: UW (3/1)
Attending: UW

School: BYU Provo
GPA: Cumulative 3.6 and Major 3.75
GRE: 149 Qual, 151 Quan 4.5 Writing
Major: Public Health-Health Promotion
Work Exp: Straight out of undergrad, 3 Years multiple internships at various large hospitals.

Applied: U of Iowa, Ohio State, U of Minn, U of Mich, JHU, Columbia, UNC-CH, U of Wash, U of U, Rush, SLU, George Washington U.
Interview: All except U of Michigan

Waitlist: U of Michigan
Rejected: Johns Hopkins
Accepted: U of Iowa, Ohio State, U of Minn, Columbia, UNC-CH, U of Wash, U of U, Rush, SLU, and GWU.
Scholarships/FA-Iowa, Ohio, Minn, Columbia, Unc, U of U, GWU
Attending: UNC-Chapel Hill

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be taking part in a late visit to USC next week. Would love to hear from anyone who has visited USC for either of the visit days.

I am now between two schools. I am debating between USC and Cornell. Would love to speak to people who applied to either program and hear why they decided (or did not decide) to attend either school.

Work Exp: Straight out of undergrad, 3 Years multiple internships at various large hospitals.

Applied: U of Iowa, Ohio State, U of Minn, U of Mich, JHU, Columbia, UNC-CH, U of Wash, U of U, Rush, SLU, George Washington U.

Accepted: U of Iowa, Ohio State, U of Minn, Columbia, UNC-CH, U of Wash, U of U, Rush, SLU, and GWU.
hey looks like we'll be attending the same school!

What were you between, or was UNC the clear cut choice for you?

I just want to thank you guys for posting in this forum! This has been extremely helpful. I am a undergrad junior and decided this semester to leave the PA/PT route and go into Health Administration. I will be applying later this year for Fall 2018. I'm really excited and definitely have much more confidence in my application.

Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone interviewed at Texas A&M Health Science Center for the MHA program? If so, can you describe your experience.

Hello,
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from schools? I have received responses for a majority of the programs but I am still waiting to hear back from Boston, Columbia, Florida and NYU.

Hello,
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from schools? I have received responses for a majority of the programs but I am still waiting to hear back from Boston, Columbia, Florida and NYU.
Hello,
When did you send in your applications?

end of March for most of them!
I heard back from all of my program within a month. If you don't hear anything back by the first week of May get in touch with your program, and try to actually talk with like the program director or someone along those lines.

Anyone have any thoughts on Kentucky's program? They offered me in-state tuition and their campus is amazing, but their ranking isn't the best. I also got into SLU which is a top 10 program, but that tuition cost is hefty. I know ranking isn't everything, and that I determine my own future by how much work and effort I put into it, but I'm still concerned about my job/fellowship prospects upon graduating from a school that isn't ranked so high. Anyone care to share some insight? I've narrowed it down to these two programs, and I'm having a really tough time deciding and I've got to let the schools know of my decision ASAP lol. Thanks!!

Anyone have any thoughts on Kentucky's program? They offered me in-state tuition and their campus is amazing, but their ranking isn't the best. I also got into SLU which is a top 10 program, but that tuition cost is hefty. I know ranking isn't everything, and that I determine my own future by how much work and effort I put into it, but I'm still concerned about my job/fellowship prospects upon graduating from a school that isn't ranked so high. Anyone care to share some insight? I've narrowed it down to these two programs, and I'm having a really tough time deciding and I've got to let the schools know of my decision ASAP lol. Thanks!!

I don't know anything about Kentucky but if there's that much of a drop off in program quality/job prospects I'd stick with the stronger program. Price tag aside you're still investing a great deal of time and hard work in these programs, so you want to make sure you're gaining the skills and connections you will need after you graduate. Also, no school can guarantee you a great future career but you're far more likely to get noticed at a top tier program than one that's mid level

Hello,

Have you heard back from NYU yet?

For anyone accepted into the UW MHA program, is anyone else having extreme clerical issues with the University of Washington?

Did anyone apply to NYU's May 1st deadline? I know we hear back on the 16th of this month but I'm anxious. Has anyone heard back?

School: University of Washington
GPA: 3.19
GRE: V: 161 Q: 157 W:4
Major: Biology (General)

- 1.5 years as a research assistant in the UW Biology Department
> Co-author on a paper published in Integrative and Comparative Biology
- 1 year as a program assistant at a university center focused on sustainability and public health
- 2 years as a student government employee
> one year directing a leadership development program and one year directing our volunteering office
- 1.5 years as a teaching assistant
- 1 year as a campus tour guide
- 2 summers (6 months total) of a shadowing program at a private medical practice

**currently in a gap year working as a patient care rep in a hospital and volunteering at a hospice center**

Applying for Fall 2018: USC, UCLA, University of Hawaii, UCI, SDSU, BU, [Harvard, Columbia, Yale (is it even worth it to try for Ivy's?)]

What do y'all think?

Hey! Feel free to post this in the 2018 thread which we'll be updating as the process goes along.

hi i am an international dental graduate planning to do mha in us
gre-324
toefl-106
gpa-around 3
12-73%
10-90%
1 yr work experience
could anyone suggest me some good university fr mha?