Fairleigh Dickinson Class of 2020 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hkabl001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one of these and could start networking right away. Interview in mid October was accepted within a few days. I have already paid my 500 dollar deposit and will be attending fall 2016. Any questions on application or interview process feel free to post here.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How u like school? Im from NJ but live south now, r u out state? What is school like good? Have u interviwed public universities yet? Im hesitant apply since small private expensive school with not enough resource funding as public. What yr gpa pcat

I just submitted my application... did you do early decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will also be attending FDU come fall of 2016. I interviewed in November and accepted in November. As hkabl001 stated if anybody has any questions on the application process or interview don't hesitate to ask !

Wish everyone the best luck

Hi guys so im having interview at fdu for pharmacy fall 2016 class, can anyone who got accepted tell me what was the essay question ? Thanks so much and congratulations :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi man congratulations :) can you tell me what was the essay question? Cause i really cant write essays :( thanks so much :)

I will also be attending FDU come fall of 2016. I interviewed in November and accepted in November. As hkabl001 stated if anybody has any questions on the application process or interview don't hesitate to ask !

Hi man congratulations :) can you plz tell me what was the essay question, thanks so much

why are high pcat gpa people going here. private school $$$. U like NJ?

Hi man gtulations :) can you plz tell me what was the essay question, thanks so much

shadyali, honestly dont worry about the essay question at the end it doesnt matter. i believe they just want to see were you are at as far as writing skills. i cant remember the question exactly. just focus on the interview and be yourself i cant stress that enough. Dont stress Remember they are interested in you, if not they wouldnt have chosen to interview plain and simple. sorry for the poor grammar and spelling wrote this real quick

Hi guys so im having interview at fdu for pharmacy fall 2016 class, can anyone who got accepted tell me what was the essay question ? Thanks so much and congratulations :)
Hey guys!!! I applied late in January, got an interview in February and got accpeted!!!! I will be in class with you next fall 2016!!!! However, I am out of state and I need help with where to stay!! I mean safe neighborhoods.!!! I have heard of the gilmore appartments, but any other suggestions!!!

Class of 2020!! I will be joining you next fall!!! I am from Miami Florida. Any questions regarding interviews let me know!!!! I interviewed at Knoxville!!

Rarocasa33 congrats on getting accepted looks like you'll be joining us next fall. Im pretty familiar with the area but I currently live in south jersey but have taken classes at both Rutgers newark and new brunswick . First off stay away from newark, orange, irvington, elizabeth, maplewood and plainfield so pretty much all of essex county. Morris county which is were Fdu is a nicer are but is $$$$ so try to either find a place in somerset county such as Bedminster, bernardsville are really nice place and pretty reasonable. Morris county is mostly a really nice area cheaper places to live is dover and parsippany. pretty nice places that are cheap to stay in but are in essex county are bloomfield, nutley and montclair. all the above above mentioned places are anywhere from a 20-30 minute drive which isnt bad at all and will save you a ton of money and are very safe. if you have any questions just message me ill be more then happy to help you

Members don't see this ad :)
Class of 2020!! I will be joining you next fall!!! I am from Miami Florida. Any questions regarding interviews let me know!!!! I interviewed at Knoxville!!
Hey guys!!! I applied late in January, got an interview in February and got accpeted!!!! I will be in class with you next fall 2016!!!! However, I am out of state and I need help with where to stay!! I mean safe neighborhoods.!!! I have heard of the gilmore appartments, but any other suggestions!!!

Bloomfield is your closest, cheapest, best bet.
If you want the dorm experience and don't mind driving try the University Center in Newark. It is really nice.
There are nice parts of every town, you just have to look for them. You have to spend around $800 & up in any area around here for a studio or 1 bd.
You can also try renting a house with others or renting a room in a house for around $500.

Hi guys :) I am a Canadian undergrad student and I applied to FDU's pharmD program on Feb 25 and I still havent heard from them :/

Do any of you mind sharing your gpa/pcat stats and how the interview was? Is there a supplemental application?

Hey!! Any one got accepted without gre or PCAT score at FDU? I had my interview today and I was told that they will put me on hold until they receive my GRE score. I have to give gre in three weeks. If anyone who got acceptance can you inform me regarding your gre score so I can have idea whether I will able to do it or not? I am not good at math and verbal. So nervous because I am preparing my self for FDU prerequisite since 1 year and at end just because of this gre score I may have to wait another year!!

Hey!! Any one got accepted without gre or PCAT score at FDU? I had my interview today and I was told that they will put me on hold until they receive my GRE score. I have to give gre in three weeks. If anyone who got acceptance can you inform me regarding your gre score so I can have idea whether I will able to do it or not? I am not good at math and verbal. So nervous because I am preparing my self for FDU prerequisite since 1 year and at end just because of this gre score I may have to wait another year!!

Hi guys :) I am a Canadian undergrad student and I applied to FDU's pharmD program on Feb 25 and I still havent heard from them :/

Do any of you mind sharing your gpa/pcat stats and how the interview was? Is there a supplemental application?

Hi, this may be cliche but the gpa/pcat/gre scores really don't mean everything. As long as you are above the required scores you are totally fine. The reason I say that is because my scores weren't at all impressive. I did do well on my GRE (83 percentile) but gpa and pcat were very pedestrian.

As for the interview, there were 4 staff members holding separate individual interviews with each candidate. The questions that were asked seemed to test your ability to think on the spot as oppose to questions that you had pre existing knowledge of. For example, one question I was asked was "give an example of a time where you received new information that changed your opinion on something"
Prepare for something along those lines.

I believe if you get interviewed at FDU they want you just as much as you want them. So go in and be yourself, I don't think they want a robot who is so shy and can't speak. They probably get hundreds of those and would like a breath of fresh air. I hope you get your interview and good luck.

How many seats are in FDU pharmacy every year?

Thanks for your replay. I am done with my interview on March 14 but I haven't submit my gre score so they hold my application decision, that's why I am so nervous because it seems that everything depend on my gre score although my other profile like GPA, pharmacy technician experience, volunteer hours, bachelor degree everything are so impressive.
Hi, this may be cliche but the gpa/pcat/gre scores really don't mean everything. As long as you are above the required scores you are totally fine. The reason I say that is because my scores weren't at all impressive. I did do well on my GRE (83 percentile) but gpa and pcat were very pedestrian.

As for the interview, there were 4 staff members holding separate individual interviews with each candidate. The questions that were asked seemed to test your ability to think on the spot as oppose to questions that you had pre existing knowledge of. For example, one question I was asked was "give an example of a time where you received new information that changed your opinion on something"
Prepare for something along those lines.

I believe if you get interviewed at FDU they want you just as much as you want them. So go in and be yourself, I don't think they want a robot who is so shy and can't speak. They probably get hundreds of those and would like a breath of fresh air. I hope you get your interview and good luck.

Hi guys I will be attending in the fall. Is anyone doing housing on campus? I am thinking of renting an apartment near by and wanted to network to see if anyone would be interested in renting out a house.

Hi guys I will be attending in the fall. Is anyone doing housing on campus? I am thinking of renting an apartment near by and wanted to network to see if anyone would be interested in renting out a house.

Hi, I also will be attending in the fall and I am definitely entertaining the idea of renting out a house with 1 or a few people depending on size. Email me [email protected]

Ive heard that most people that got interviewed at FDU got accepted. Do you guys know anyone that was rejected?

Thanks walpharma!! Your comment really helped me to reduce my stress!!

I know most people commenting on the interview were saying to be your self, but what kinds of questions do they ask? I know the interview packet said to be prepared to talk about integrity/trustworthiness, empathy ect. How is it formatted? Do they ask you to discuss times you were faced with issues and how you addressed it like in med school interviews? Is it more straight forward? My interview is end of May and just want to be as prepared as possible :)

Hey guys! I recieved my acceptance letter last week. I was just wondering if we get our financial aid packages before we have to make a decision?

Hey do you guys know if they are still conducting more interviews?

Between me and other classmates I have seen their turn around time to be about 4 months from application to interview/acceptance/rejection. So sit tight and see what happens :)

Between me and other classmates I have seen their turn around time to be about 4 months from application to interview/acceptance/rejection. So sit tight and see what happens :)

Okay thank you, By the way what date is your interview, and did you apply elsewhere?

Okay thank you, By the way what date is your interview, and did you apply elsewhere?
May 23 and nope only FDU. I'm locked into this geographical area for now with work so it was the best option this year.

Fdu is waitlisting people. I dont understand why. Might as well close the pharmacas deadline sooner.

Fdu is waitlisting people. I dont understand why. Might as well close the pharmacas deadline sooner.
How did you find out they are wait listing people? Is it just a wait list or referring them to do a Masters for a year?

Dude don't troll like that! You cant make statements like that without backup, please explain further or delete the post.

Dude don't troll like that! You cant make statements like that without backup, please explain further or delete the post.
I had heard they started waitlisting people back in April before my April 11th interview

Last edited:
What do you mean? I got waitlisted yet, fdu is accepting other people as we currently speak. They should just be honest instead of waitlisting people they dont want.

Yep they are most definitely admitting people! I got my admissions email yesterday! Filling the paper work out now as we speak :D

Speaking of the paper work does anyone know what the deal is with the drug screen? The policy is called Background Check/Drug Screen, but I only got the email about the background check....... Is there not a drug screen required? Or is it a later date?

What do you mean? I got waitlisted yet, fdu is accepting other people as we currently speak. They should just be honest instead of waitlisting people they dont want.

They did something similar to me last year. They rejected me and then told me to do a masters for a year. My advice, stay on them, keep indicating your interest and be VERY professional and I think you can get off the list. If not, apply again in July and be first on the list.

They obviously like you if you 1) got an interview and 2) didn't get flat out rejected. Keep that in mind, so your not a crappy applicant. Best bet again is to stay on them and keep letting them know your interested. Best of luck and if you need any help/advice feel free to PM me!

Hey i interview on may 9 and got accepted on may 18 ! Hope to meet you all on august!

How do you guys afford FDU? Friends tell me the price tag, it blew my mind.

They did something similar to me last year. They rejected me and then told me to do a masters for a year. My advice, stay on them, keep indicating your interest and be VERY professional and I think you can get off the list. If not, apply again in July and be first on the list.

They obviously like you if you 1) got an interview and 2) didn't get flat out rejected. Keep that in mind, so your not a crappy applicant. Best bet again is to stay on them and keep letting them know your interested. Best of luck and if you need any help/advice feel free to PM me!
Did you reapply this year?

Hi guys I'll be entering this upcoming pharmacy class and I'm looking for a place with roommates. Email me at dgar326@gmail if you are still looking.