Failed Wreb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dancindarlin23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just failed WREB, both operative and endo, so will have to redo the entire exam in California in August. I've read through some of the other posts on this but please PM me if anyone has teeth or ideal patients I could use. Also wondering if anyone has any great experience with patient procurement services. I've read very mixed things about Lu Lau, Western Dental Consultants.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just failed WREB, both operative and endo, so will have to redo the entire exam in California in August. I've read through some of the other posts on this but please PM me if anyone has teeth or ideal patients I could use. Also wondering if anyone has any great experience with patient procurement services. I've read very mixed things about Lu Lau, Western Dental Consultants.
I'm sorry to hear that you failed the exam. It can be a very stressful exam with so much room for error. Just remember that this may seem like the end of the world, but consider it just a minor setback in your entire professional career. The exam is more of a mental game to stay calm and follow instructions. If you don't mind me asking, what went wrong during your exam that you think caused you to fail? Did you think you were going to fail it? Understanding and learning from those errors will help to prevent anything like this from happening again. The important thing is to make sure to not give up hope and don't forget that you definitely have what it takes to pass it the next time around. I've heard good things about Lu Lau except those services are very expensive.

Thank you. Hindsight is 20/20, and I should have looked more closely at the radiograph of the tooth I chose for posterior endo and reviewed it with others. There were pulp stones, and I was unable to access any of the canals. So I pretty much knew I failed before I even walked out of the room, because only way to pass was if I got a 5 on my other tooth, which was very unlikely. Operative was on a patient I never worked on before and there was extensive demin, and not ideal teeth. I did not get any pink slips for leaving anything, but I had mod requests denied, and probably other things they disagreed with, which just added up. I was well prepared, well-read, and really tried to go by the standard for a 5, but there is room for subjectivity obviously, and I just wasn't in the same frame of mind as the examiner. So I did anticipate the potential failure of that section, as well. I wish I could have had ideal lesions, but I did what I was able to get. The endo was just a completely unfortunate situation. I didn't really have a lot of teeth to pick from, but I know I managed to select the worst one. I know I had better because I practiced on it. Again, hindsight is 20/20 on looking much more critically at the radiograph (and getting opinion of others).

hi I wanna pass this exam in a couple of months. Please give a shout. All the best to you for next time.