Failed Step 2 CS? Please help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jayhawkdoc91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. Hey all, just wanted to see what you guys thought of the mistakes I made during the exam.

In one encounter, pt told said he had an allergy to something but in my haste on the note, wrote that he had none...

In another patient I wrote that lungs were clear bilaterally in haste and bc of carelessness but when I was listening to lungs, the exam was hindered by a particular sign/symptom. Otherwise I documented the exam accurately. How much would they ding me for this?

So frustrating to think about all the little mistakes...

Members don't see this ad.

1. Hey all, just wanted to see what you guys thought of the mistakes I made during the exam.

In one encounter, pt told said he had an allergy to something but in my haste on the note, wrote that he had none...

In another patient I wrote that lungs were clear bilaterally in haste and bc of carelessness but when I was listening to lungs, the exam was hindered by a particular sign/symptom. Otherwise I documented the exam accurately. How much would they ding me for this?

So frustrating to think about all the little mistakes...
Trust me, if those are your two mistakes that keep you awake during the night... You are going to pass. I can list at least 10 more mistakes on my end that deals with inadequate documentation due to time, no counseling, wrong physical exam, or bad differentials... And I passed. I took mine mid-may.

Reactions: 1 user
Trust me, if those are your two mistakes that keep you awake during the night... You are going to pass. I can list at least 10 more mistakes on my end that deals with inadequate documentation due to time, no counseling, wrong physical exam, or bad differentials... And I passed. I took mine mid-may.

Thanks for the words of advice! I stood on left side for some of the physical exams...not sure how much that'll knock me down?

I performed the actual maneuvers fine though I think.