Failed Part 2 with 74....what now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fakebun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got a 74 and I all I have used was the NBDE Mastery app and tufts oral path/pharm. This time around I started using decks for areas that was well below national average and kept using just the app for sections that are close to national average. Does that sound like it's enough? Decks is pretty thorough and I get burnt out pretty quickly studying them....... I just hope I dont fail again... taking it on 4/3. Attached is my score report. Does my study plan sound solid?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,182
In all honesty, looking at your score report... I think you should do the entire dental decks, and maybe read Mosby's. There were quite a few areas you were below national average in. It's better to burn out studying and spend a month utterly exhausted than to fail again.

So I got a 74 and I all I have used was the NBDE Mastery app and tufts oral path/pharm. This time around I started using decks for areas that was well below national average and kept using just the app for sections that are close to national average. Does that sound like it's enough? Decks is pretty thorough and I get burnt out pretty quickly studying them....... I just hope I dont fail again... taking it on 4/3. Attached is my score report. Does my study plan sound solid?
hey did you pass the second time?

Can someone explain why the total number of questions add up to 600? Or are the case based questions also counted in the discipline questions too? So did he/she score a 358/600 or a 302/500? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey, did you take it again? How did you do? I failed mine with a 74 as well. Twice. I would appreciate any advice on how you studied again and organized your notes! Thank you.

ya I did pass. I used mainly the NBDE mastery app and the ones I got national average I just reviewed the app and ones below I studied the decks.