Failed NBDE part 1. Could ADAT make up for this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jst213

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed part 1 due to my own stupidity. I know this drains a lot of chances but I was hoping against hope that I could rebound with the ADAT. Would this help with applying to GPR/AEGD or am I just screwed in general.

Edit: I've passed both part 1 (second time) and 2 (first time), I go to a P/F school but have passed all my classes. I'm also involved in research (published...main reason why I failed boards) and I've got some decent volunteering and club exposures from across the years.

Members don't see this ad.

I failed part 1 due to my own stupidity. I know this drains a lot of chances but I was hoping against hope that I could rebound with the ADAT. Would this help with applying to GPR/AEGD or am I just screwed in general.

Edit: I've passed both part 1 (second time) and 2 (first time), I go to a P/F school but have passed all my classes. I'm also involved in research (published...main reason why I failed boards) and I've got some decent volunteering and club exposures from across the years.

GPRs take anyone. Why fret if you're going general

Bro, you don't need to do a residency to get good. Trust me. I got thrown into a private practice, learned stuff made money. That's the way to go. Screw the 40k yearly stipend.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are incorrect in your statement. Please do not post information you are clearly not qualified to be dolling out. Someone on this board might take you seriously.

A post of a bitter general.

Dentistry is a very small world. Never a good idea to antagonize the faculty. I meant what I said about your D1 opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Since the boards are P/F and are not really seen as a metric for post grad education, I do not see why you will have a problem. The ADAT on the other hand is normative graded, and was designed to be used as such a metric. The NBDE 1&2 are designed to be used by state boards as a minimum standard for licensure. Your application will be reviewed based on you LOR's, EC's, ADAT, and PS, since your school grades are P/F. In such situations the institutional LOR (Dean, academic dean, etc.) carries a lot of weight. Don't sweat.

Reactions: 1 user