COMLEX Failed COMLEX 1 -suggestion needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbaktoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just got my scores for my COMLEX Level1 and I scored a 392. Devastated to say the least. I had finished the whole of COMBANK and UWorld and was scoring above average a week before I took my real exam. For OMM, I had used Savarese as resource and had thoroughly read chapters on Viscerosomatic reflex, Chapman points, and knew all the named tests very well. My COMSAEs were in early 400s. This is how my COMLEX 1 break up looks like and I would really be appreciative if somebody could give me some genuine advice as to what different I can do to better my performance. I have 5 weeks before I can take it again. I want to make the best out of the time I have and not be distracted by reading new material/new resource. I did Pathoma along time ago but didn't get to read it weeks before the exam and I feel that's why I scored low on Path. There might be people on the SDN forum who were in the same boat as I am in and would really appreciate their honest advice/tips/suggestions.
upload_2015-9-18_11-20-15.png

Members don't see this ad.

Hit the savarese book quickly again because your omm section portion of the test is pretty low. I would recommend ,if you didnt, hitting first aid and knowing that inside out. iF you can, consider doing comquest (fresh q bank that you havent touched). Between 2-3 days of savarese first aid and comquest every day for 5 weeks i would think you would shoot up enough to pass. Pathoma/goljan would be nice to cover as well. Thats a lot to ask in 5 weeks but maybe consider scheduling a little later out and covering all the review material and being a bit more prepared if you feel you utterly dont know the material. IF it was just a bad day then 5 weeks out shoudl be fine with the stuff i mentioned.

Hit the savarese book quickly again because your omm section portion of the test is pretty low. I would recommend ,if you didnt, hitting first aid and knowing that inside out. iF you can, consider doing comquest (fresh q bank that you havent touched). Between 2-3 days of savarese first aid and comquest every day for 5 weeks i would think you would shoot up enough to pass. Pathoma/goljan would be nice to cover as well. Thats a lot to ask in 5 weeks but maybe consider scheduling a little later out and covering all the review material and being a bit more prepared if you feel you utterly dont know the material. IF it was just a bad day then 5 weeks out shoudl be fine with the stuff i mentioned.
That's 2 years old brah