Extended Deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy2021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this due to lack of quality applicants or low volume of applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this due to lack of quality applicants or low volume of applicants?

We already have our class of 100 students filled with quality applicants, however, we need to extend the deadline so that we can get another 15 or so quality applicants. We need to over fill the class by 15 students or so, because like all schools we can students who withdraw their application between now and the start of school for various reasons.

Although most schools are seeing a decrease in the number of applicants, our number of applicants is actually a little higher than last year. However, this year our target enrollment is 100 rather than 80 like it was last year. 100 is as high as we are going.

As for the quality of our deposited students, the average GPA is 3.3 and average PCAT is 65th percentile. Both of which are at the National average.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Greed at its finest. 20 additional students will generate an additional 3 million dollars in revenue ($163,000+ per student with tuition ALONE). Stop trying so hard to advertise. If chapman is SO great...Why don't you let the university actually sell itself?

Reactions: 1 user
We already have our class of 100 students filled with quality applicants, however, we need to extend the deadline so that we can get another 15 or so quality applicants. We need to over fill the class by 15 students or so, because like all schools we can students who withdraw their application between now and the start of school for various reasons.

Although most schools are seeing a decrease in the number of applicants, our number of applicants is actually a little higher than last year. However, this year our target enrollment is 100 rather than 80 like it was last year. 100 is as high as we are going.

As for the quality of our deposited students, the average GPA is 3.3 and average PCAT is 65th percentile. Both of which are at the National average.

Let me know if you have other questions.

That's funny, how come medical schools don't do this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone applying to a school with an extended deadline? How does it work?

^ Greed at its finest. 20 additional students will generate an additional 3 million dollars in revenue ($163,000+ per student with tuition ALONE). Stop trying so hard to advertise. If chapman is SO great...Why don't you let the university actually sell itself?

We are a non-profit school, so it isn't clear how bringing additional students is considered greed. All of the money goes back into the university to support students in one way or another.

And actually the school does sell itself. I only responded to Pharmacy2021's legitimate question. There was no advertising involved. And the purpose of including our GPA and PCAT scores was to provide him/her with data that shows we are bringing in quality applicants. (Plus, I figured that would be the next question when I said we had filled our class already)

That's funny, how come medical schools don't do this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Actually, all schools get more deposits than they have seats, because all schools have students who decide to go elsewhere. They usually get a few more deposits than they need, and then they start putting students on a wait list. They pull students off the wait list when one of their deposited students withdraws their application so that they stay at their target enrollment number.

Is anyone applying to a school with an extended deadline? How does it work?

For most schools, the extended deadline means you can contact the school and ask for permission to submit an application. You will need to give them your PharmCAS ID number, so that if they allow you to apply, they can have PharmCAS open up the system so you can select their school. Just contact the person who is listed as the school contact in the PharmCAS School Page.

Reactions: 1 user