MCAT Examkrackers SDN Test Prep Week Raffle!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BP Examkrackers

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We forgot to mention earlier that, as in past years, we will be holding a raffle at the end of this week. We will be choosing randomly from all the commenters who have contributed meaningfully to the respective threads and giving away the following two prizes:

One free 9 week comprehensive course this summer
One free complete set of EK books

Here's the fine print:
The course must be in any of the locations schedules for the summer 2011, it is not transferable to anyone else and it can be deferred to another semester. Taxes, shipping will be covered.
For the winner of the study pack, it will be shipped free of charge anywhere in the US.
Neither raffle prize can be exchanged for money or anything else.

All you have to do to be eligible is to follow the guidelines given by SDN here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=790797 and to have posted in the respective threads (EK employees, of course, are not eligible). After this week wraps up, I will pick the winners randomly and post their names on the threads, as well as contact them via private message with the email address and confirmation code they should use to redeem their prize. Go to the above link to make sure you are eligible and be sure to check in to see if you've won, as I'll be following the reprizing guidelines there in case I don't hear back from the winner.

I want to emphasize again that anyone interested should visit that SDN page, because some of the most prolific commenters on these threads are still not eligible according to those guidelines. It's not too late to change that!

As always, students in Examkrackers courses get a 30% discount on all other EK materials (applicable only once per title).

Best of luck to all of you!

UPDATE
SDN handles the raffle and has/will notify the winners independently. We are not involved in that process and don't determine or contact the winners. Sorry for the confusion

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I really like what I have seen of the EK Verbal series. What does the classroom course offer above and beyond your books in the areas of verbal and the sciences?

Also, there have been some mixed (largely negative) reviews about the EK course here on SDN (while the books generally receive positive reviews, esp. the bio and verbal). How do instructors teach? What resources are they given above and beyond the EK books themselves? Are there add'l passages only available in the course? If so, how many for each section?

I really like what I have seen of the EK Verbal series. What does the classroom course offer above and beyond your books in the areas of verbal and the sciences?

Also, there have been some mixed (largely negative) reviews about the EK course here on SDN (while the books generally receive positive reviews, esp. the bio and verbal). How do instructors teach? What resources are they given above and beyond the EK books themselves? Are there add'l passages only available in the course? If so, how many for each section?

apumic,

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking when you say, "How do instructors teach?" They're not given materials beyond the EK books themselves. They're expected to take our methods and our expectations of them as instructors, and to add in their experience and perspective in creating their approach to the lessons. I have personally created an extensive forum to aid them in their endeavors, but never meant for it to be a prescription for how they should teach and what examples they should use, as we wish for them to be free to bring to the table their experiences and abilities. Rather, we work to have all our instructors gain from each other's varied backgrounds through that forum. The 16 mini MCAT book is something we give our students that isn't included in the complete study set of our books. I'm not sure exactly how many passages per section are included in that book. As I've explained elsewhere, what students gain from taking our course, over just using the books, is not a wealth of materials so much as just the perspective and support of a live instructor who is face to face with them (as well as the structure and regularity of a course). Many students feel that it's not necessary to have all of that, or to pay that much for it, as did I. If that's the case, then you probably don't need our course and will probably do fine with just using our materials on your own, as did I.

Status
Not open for further replies.