MCAT Examkrackers Comprehensive MCAT CBT Prep Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XM Examkrackers

Test Prep Exhibitor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN Members:

Attached to this post are descriptions of Examkrackers Live Comprehensive Courses, and of our approach to the CBT.

Please post in this thread with your questions regarding our Comprehensive Courses.

To find an EK Course near you, please go to www.examkrackers.com and select MCAT course finder.

We currently have more than 60 locations across the US as well as the best MCAT prep books on the market. Examkrackers has four major points that have helped our students receive high scores on the MCAT.

1) Best Teachers - Examkrackers has the best teachers. Examkrackers pays our teachers more than other test prep companies. Not only are we able to attract the best teachers this way, we also reward highly motivated teachers by giving them bonuses according to their student ratings. Although all of our teachers have very high scores, their teaching ability is what sets them apart from our competitors. Through student review every two weeks, we are able to insure that we give students a responsive teaching environment as well as the high quality teaching that they deserve.

2) #1 Materials - Since the first Examkrackers books appeared on the market, they have shot up and stayed at #1 on the Amazon MCAT prep book list. Our books are colorful, engaging and thought provoking, designed to help the students stay focused and learning the whole time. Our materials are so good that some students taking competitor prep courses have bought Examkrackers books instead of using the books provided.

3) Intelligent Classroom Approach - It is hard enough paying attention to a long movie for the whole duration, let alone a long lecture. Examkrackers realizes this and designed the class time to maximize learning. Lectures are kept to 50 minutes to help students stay focused the whole time. The lectures are then followed by 30 minutes of passages and free standing questions to highlight important points of the lecture and for practice with tough questions. Finally, the students follow along in the last 30 minutes as they see how someone with very high MCAT scores approaches the same problems. This helps them gain insight as to mistakes that they may be making as well as offering them the chance to pick up tips and techniques that the teachers used when they took the MCAT.

4) Unique Verbal Approach - A frequent cause of a low score on the verbal section of the MCAT is the inability to get through the entire section. However, doing well on this section of the MCAT can significantly help a student get into medical school. Examkrackers’ unique verbal approach teaches students to think like the author of the passage instead of spending valuable time writing down notes and paragraph summaries as they tackle each passage. Many students find that by practicing our simple techniques and strategies, they are able to complete the entire verbal section and score quite well.

The materials included with the comprehensive course include:
5 Coursebooks (biology, physics, chemistry, organic chemistry, and verbal)
"16 MiniMCATs" book containing 16 one hour miniMCAT exams
5 CBT exams

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Examkrackers Course Description.pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 198
Are the classes available online? I mean can I view the lectures online by a reputed teacher instead of going to a class nearby?

I want those miniMCATS and CBT exams!!! I will put them to great use!!

Members don't see this ad :)
@de_la_soul
Currently the classes are only available with a live instructor in the classroom.

@cuadrado
The comprehensive prep class is not part of the raffle. However, you can purchase the CBT exams and the 16 miniMCAT book separately if you wish.

how would you go about purchasing CBTs separately? I can't find them on the website for sale. Also, the 16 mini mcats have been listed as "out of stock" for a while, will they be back in stock?

how would you go about purchasing CBTs separately? I can't find them on the website for sale. Also, the 16 mini mcats have been listed as "out of stock" for a while, will they be back in stock?

You'll have to call 888-KRACKEM to find out when the 16 Mini-MCATs are available (I saw used copies on sale online this morning) again. As for CBTs, we supply our students with access to AAMC exams through an arrangement with the AAMC. You can purchase those same exams from the AAMC directly, though I imagine you get a good discount when you get them as part of our course.

How many days/hours a week are the courses? The calendar on the examkrackers website is a little confusing. Do you choose which days you attend the class?

How many days/hours a week are the courses? The calendar on the examkrackers website is a little confusing. Do you choose which days you attend the class?

Classes run either MW or TTh. On Mondays and Tuesdays, students have their PS lectures. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, they have their VR/BS lectures. So, for example, if you go to a MW class, you might have Physics 2/Chem 1 on Monday, and Bio 2/Verbal 2 on Wednesday.

This schedule allows you a lot of flexibility. For example...

Another site nearby you would probably be running on a TTh schedule with C1/P2 on Tuesday and V2/B2 on Thursday. That way, if you know you're missing Monday's class, you can attend at the other site on Tuesday. Or, if you can't make it to the 6 PM class because of work/school/traffic, you can attend the 8 PM C1 lecture on Monday at the first site, P2 at 8PM on Tuesday at the second site, B2 at the first site on Wednesday and V2 at the second site on Thursday. If you need to get home early and just want to go to 6-8 PM classes, you'd do the opposite schedule.

Some sites in the country are so busy that they have MW and TTh classes running there. Keep in mind what I said and look at the schedule. You'll see that the T schedule at those sites is exactly the same as that of the day before, only running in reverse. This makes it possible for students to attend classes according to their preference, only it's even more convenient because they show up to the same site regardless of time or day. This is only possible in places where there are so many students that we need to make two classes in order to keep the class size small.

You're free to attend classes at any site according to your convenience or preference of instructors. If you don't already know, each class consists of an approximately 55 minute lecture, a break, a 30 minute in-class exam taken by you, and a review of all the questions from the exam given by the instructor, for a total of 2 hours.

For how many years have you been offering these classes? What have the teachers in the classes observed of students taking the class?
Maybe students who have taken others prep courses or materials before yours. I have recently heard so many people who have retaken the MCAT after reviewing ExamKRackers materials and then doing much better. I am hoping to work with ExamKrackers materials the first (and only) time. I would love to learn more about the classroom experience. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.