ERAS Fellowship 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rheum18

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that whether we submit our applications on July 6 or up through July 15, all applications will only be sent after July 15 to the programs? Or should we apply immediately when ERAS opens, which is July 6?

Members don't see this ad.

ERAS just sent an email out about this yesterday: all submitted before the 15th will be date stamped on the 15th.

You should probably make sure you are getting their emails so you can respond to all those sweet interview offers

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Have a question -- for the part of the application that asks for NMRP number -- do I use my old number from residency application? Or do I wait until I resister for the match and come back and enter the number?

Hey guys. Have a question -- for the part of the application that asks for NMRP number -- do I use my old number from residency application? Or do I wait until I resister for the match and come back and enter the number?
you can use your old number...there is a place in the application that will ask you if you have an ERAS number to use.

I was going to wait and enter the new one since I couldn't find anywhere authoritative saying it would be the same as the one from residency apps. I'd rather leave it blank so a program would have to check back later for my number than have the wrong number from the beginning and have them not know there was an updated one.

I was going to wait and enter the new one since I couldn't find anywhere authoritative saying it would be the same as the one from residency apps. I'd rather leave it blank so a program would have to check back later for my number than have the wrong number from the beginning and have them not know there was an updated one.
all that would do is make your application incomplete...the programs aren't going to care enough to inquire about your ERAS number...they will just move on to the next (complete) application

I'm pretty sure we wait for the new NRMP number. It's not the same one as the old one is it?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure we wait for the new NRMP number. It's not the same one as the old one is it?

I was under the same impression and was going to leave that blank for now.

Hmm..

Reactions: 1 user
all that would do is make your application incomplete...the programs aren't going to care enough to inquire about your ERAS number...they will just move on to the next (complete) application
The NRMP number is not required to make the application complete. It's not even required for the programs to find you in the match.

I left it blank until I registered for the match, I got interviews well before I even had the number.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks

Another question --- after I authorize release of usmle transcript, and apply to programs, how long does it take NBME to release the transcript? Does it take multiple days?

I was planning on sitting on my application until Friday (programs can't access it until Saturday)...but should I submit earlier so nbme can process?

Thanks

Another question --- after I authorize release of usmle transcript, and apply to programs, how long does it take NBME to release the transcript? Does it take multiple days?

I was planning on sitting on my application until Friday (programs can't access it until Saturday)...but should I submit earlier so nbme can process?
iirc, it was less than a day.

So, I am done with my application part but my LORs are not available/uploaded specially PD letter :/

So, I am done with my application part but my LORs are not available/uploaded specially PD letter :/

I'm in the exact situation. I decided to just go ahead and submit with the three letters I do have, and I will update it as soon as it goes through the EFDO.