ERAS 2017-2018 Cardiology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you an AMG vs IMG? How many interviews you had before?
Palmetto health is an excellent new program of university of south carolina, U of hawaii comparatively isn't that great and doesn't offer all those training opportunities.

Thanks for the input. I also have an interview at Palmetto (IMG, no visa). Wondering, how did you know that it is a good program ? The reason I am asking is that I am kind of hesitant with such new programs and I was debating to attend the interview or not. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the input. I also have an interview at Palmetto (IMG, no visa). Wondering, how did you know that it is a good program ? The reason I am asking is that I am kind of hesitant with such new programs and I was debating to attend the interview or not. Thanks again.
A friend of mine interviewed there, no scutwork (strong np support), good heart failure /vad program, around 40 vads/year, TAVR, very high volume Cath lav, strong affiliation with USC. Ofcourse everyone has a different input, so you would just have to interview to decide

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I am on the interview trail now. I have scarce information about Houston programs. I am wondering if methodist and other Houston programs have finished selecting applicants and are currently interviewing. I am strongly interested in Houston. Also, any info on BCM and UTH will be appreciated? I have not received reject from any of the above programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am on the interview trail now. I have scarce information about Houston programs. I am wondering if methodist and other Houston programs have finished selecting applicants and are currently interviewing. I am strongly interested in Houston. Also, any info on BCM and UTH will be appreciated? I have not received reject from any of the above programs.

Baylor already sent all their invites. Not sure about the others

Anyone have information on the programs UAB (Birmingham, AL), Jackson Mississippi, & Oklahoma? Thanks in advance!

How would you guys rank these programs?

Beaumont (Royal Oak, MI)
SLU
U of C - Northshore
Advocate Lutheran (Park Ridge, IL)
Aurora Health (St. Lukes Milwaukee)
Uni of Hawaii
Penn State
UW- Madison

Thanks for your input!

How would you guys rank these programs?

Beaumont (Royal Oak, MI)
SLU
U of C - Northshore
Advocate Lutheran (Park Ridge, IL)
Aurora Health (St. Lukes Milwaukee)
Uni of Hawaii
Penn State
UW- Madison

Thanks for your input!
May I ask you when Aurora sent out invites?

Does anyone know if Newark Beth Israel and Allegheny, Pittsburgh has sent invitations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have any idea about utmb intinerary? Specially where to report on the iv day??

Hello,

I have an interview at U of Chicago NorthShore 10/13th and want to swap with an earlier day? appreciate any help?

Any ideas about Grand Rapids/ Spectrum Health? Interviewed there and it seemed to be a good program with great potential but only concern is that it's new.

Now that entire all invites have probably been handed out just wondering where everyone stands now.

1. Number of programs applied to?
2. Number of interview invites?
3. Number of interviews planning to attend?

Applied to 75
Invited to 7
Going on 7

Is there usually a 2nd wave of invites around this time?
unsure if invites are still being sent out. anyone have any idea what the time frame is for interview invites to still be coming out? (from people who cancel or decline interviews).

Has anyone been interviewed at Emory? How did you rank the clinical part. I am going to interview for the 4 year research track, but not sure if the 2 years clinical would be enough and if I could take the boards (Echo, nuclear, etc) before finishing the fellowship.

Feeling more stressed during fellowship cycle compared to when applying to residency...

Can someone please suggest how is Cook county? From what I am hearing they are oncall every 4-5 days (30 + hrs) and its a really busy program. Any thoughts?

Feeling more stressed during fellowship cycle compared to when applying to residency...
Really? I'm feeling less stressed. At the end of the day I'll still have a job regardless of what happens match or not. And a good paying one for that matter!

Has anyone been interviewed at Emory? How did you rank the clinical part. I am going to interview for the 4 year research track, but not sure if the 2 years clinical would be enough and if I could take the boards (Echo, nuclear, etc) before finishing the fellowship.

The clinical program is great and its experience is rich, not sure about the 4 yr track- I've heard its not popular as its not really worth it to spend one more year and have less clinical exposure- of course, its impossible to get Echo, nuclear, vascular in 2 yrs

Last edited:
Really? I'm feeling less stressed. At the end of the day I'll still have a job regardless of what happens match or not. And a good paying one for that matter!
I agree - no way you can compare this with residency, that was such a marathon

Way, way, way worse than residency. For residency interviews, it was long and exhausting and expensive, but I have plenty of interviews, and actually had to decline/cancel quite a few. For fellowship, I have had to scramble to get half of the number I had hoped for. I would take exhausting/expensive/lots of possibilities ANY DAY over lack of invites.

Anyone know how to find public data regarding PCI and other interventions a hospital does?

Have UIC-Peoria and Aurora Health sent out invites?

Reactions: 1 users
Any suggestions on how I should rank the following programs:

Pittsburgh
Maryland
Case Western/University Hospital
Rochester
Jefferson
Penn State
UNC
Georgetown/Washington Hospital Center

Based on word of mouth, havn't visited many of these, but since no one is replying I can try:

Case/Penn state
Jefferson
Washington
Pittsburg
UNC
Rochester

Pittsburgh
Maryland
Rochester
Jefferson
Penn State
UNC

Last edited:
Any suggestions on how to rank these programs?

1. Univ of Kentucky
2. Univ of Iowa
3. Univ of Nebraska
4. Univ of Cincinnati
5. Kansas Univ
6. UMKC/Mid America Heart Institute
7. Univ of Louisville
8. Aurora Health
9. Henry Ford
10. Allegheny general
11. Drexel University
12. Univ of Utah

Undecided about subspecialty plans. Interested in Interventional, HF and Imaging.

Has anyone heard from or received interviews/rejections from UT Houston to this point??

Pittsburgh
Maryland
Rochester
Jefferson
Penn State
UNC

Rep-wise, I'd put Pitt, Washington and UNC near the top, but honestly just go with your gut. I interviewed at some of those including Pitt and ranked it low, while a friend ranked it #1.

Any suggestions on how to rank these programs?

1. Univ of Kentucky
2. Univ of Iowa
3. Univ of Nebraska
4. Univ of Cincinnati
5. Kansas Univ
6. UMKC/Mid America Heart Institute
7. Univ of Louisville
8. Aurora Health
9. Henry Ford
10. Allegheny general
11. Drexel University
12. Univ of Utah

Undecided about subspecialty plans. Interested in Interventional, HF and Imaging.

Go with your gut, none of those programs particularly stand out from the others but they'll all give you the training you need. Though I've heard good things about Henry Ford, particularly for interventional, and I liked Utah, a nice well-rounded program in a outdoor-lovers city.

Interview from UT Houston today. (9/27)
US IMG external

Buddy, do you know what time does the interview start and end ? I have not yet received the itinerary from them. Trying to book flights.....

Anyone still getting interviews or the season is over? How do IMGs feel this season? As expected, less or more than expected interviews?

I am little bummed.

Anyone still getting interviews or the season is over? How do IMGs feel this season? As expected, less or more than expected interviews?

I am little bummed.

Certainly less....

Anyone who interviewed at Emory- what time did your interview day end?

Anyone knows when is interview dates for Kaiser LA program?

got a few this past week still some hope. Also did you get a Kaiser waitlist? Need dates also

Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply for cardiology fellowship in the upcoming 2018 cycle. I am an IMG and done my MBBS from India. While filling the ERAS application does the 1 year compulsory internship done in India go into the education section or the experience section. Also the degree is awarded to us only after internship. So is it Ok to have a gap between the completion of medical school and the date of your degree awarded? Appreciate any input or feedback on this question. Thanks a lot.
P.S: Is there a new thread for Cards fellowship applicants this year?

Dear Dr. Kathrav Jag

Please check these link they may help you. but by the way you it for which country ?
cs.cmu(dot)edu/~gradfellowships/
intmed.vcu(dot)edu/fellowship/cardiology/cd-apply.html

This one is for pediatrics cardiology : pediatrics.wustl(dot)edu/cardiology/Fellowship/Pediatric-Cardiology-Fellowship-Application