ER ROTATIONS FOR IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctakay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys so I'm a 3rd year medical student in Chicago. I goto a very crappy carribean medical school. Where can I get an ER elective done? If you have no encouraging advice, this post isn't seeking your opinion.

I plan on applying to ER residency Programs next year.

If my school isn't accredited or recognized in the state of California will it matter if I do an ER elective there if I have connections?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys so I'm a 3rd year medical student in Chicago. I goto a very crappy carribean medical school. Where can I get an ER elective done? If you have no encouraging advice, this post isn't seeking your opinion.

I plan on applying to ER residency Programs next year.

If my school isn't accredited or recognized in the state of California will it matter if I do an ER elective there if I have connections?

Since you are attending a Caribbean medical school, what skillsets do you offer to an accredited clinical site that might entice them to taking you? i.e. Do you speak the language in the Caribbean island where you study, Spanish, Creole, Dutch?

Washington Post has an article that frames the argument

Buena suerte

Why do AMGs hate on IMGs so much? Cheaper education? Easier to get into? There's nothing to be jealous of my love ..you'll always have priority over IMGs I swear you'll be fine..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have an amazing Step score? This is going to be an uphill climb, I wish you well

Do you have an amazing Step score? This is going to be an uphill climb, I wish you well

I just wanna know how to rotate at ER hospitals in Chicago as a an IMG

I just wanna know how to rotate at ER hospitals in Chicago as a an IMG

My advice is to stop asking people here, go to FREIDA online and look up a bunch of ER programs in Chicago and vicinity, make sure they accept ECFMG residents, then e-mail them or pick up the phone and call them and ask if you can rotate there, how to apply for a rotation, etc. Sometimes the website for the ER program has instructions for people looking for a rotation.

My advice is to stop asking people here, go to FREIDA online and look up a bunch of ER programs in Chicago and vicinity, make sure they accept ECFMG residents, then e-mail them or pick up the phone and call them and ask if you can rotate there, how to apply for a rotation, etc. Sometimes the website for the ER program has instructions for people looking for a rotation.
Finally a legit response. Thanks bro. U da man