General Admissions & OTCAS Entering information into OTCAS early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaina412

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I apply to OT programs this summer. Last year, in August (2016) I decided to create a OTCAS account just because I wanted to see what it was like (I always worry so far ahead). Now that the time is finally and quickly approaching to get ready to send in applications, I was wondering if it is OK that I am entering experiences/certifications into OTCAS now? I am only updating my personal information and all of my leadership positions but I am just worried that whenever this cycle open ups in July everything will be lost and I will have to renter all of these experiences!

Paranoid :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I apply to OT programs this summer. Last year, in August (2016) I decided to create a OTCAS account just because I wanted to see what it was like (I always worry so far ahead). Now that the time is finally and quickly approaching to get ready to send in applications, I was wondering if it is OK that I am entering experiences/certifications into OTCAS now? I am only updating my personal information and all of my leadership positions but I am just worried that whenever this cycle open ups in July everything will be lost and I will have to renter all of these experiences!

I'm 99% sure you will lose everything you enter in right now. I'm almost positive the new cycle resets all of your information. The new cycle starts in July. That's when you should start. You'll have plenty of time, trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
It saves all of your information from the year before, but I don't know if it will since you havent applied anywhere. But I applied and then it saved most of my information from the previous year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I did the same thing and you can only keep it if you are applying for a second year so I had to create another account. I was excited too but the best thing to do is wait and you can go ahead and start researching the schools and finding out all the supplemental stuff but wait on the OTCAS and create another account once it opens up in July
Hey everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I did the same thing and you can only keep it if you are applying for a second year so I had to create another account. I was excited too but the best thing to do is wait and you can go ahead and start researching the schools and finding out all the supplemental stuff but wait on the OTCAS and create another account once it opens up in July

Oh okay! Thank you! I think I'm going to just put eveyething into a Word document now and when the time comes I'll have everything ready to go. :)

Yeah that's the best thing to do because all the supplemental stuff from the different schools gets overwhelming! Honestly the OTCAS doesn't take long for your part, it's mostly just waiting on your transcripts to be received and waiting for you recommendation people to do all that. Look into the schools because some want their own form filled out for observation hours so you could go ahead and get those people to sign
Oh okay! Thank you! I think I'm going to just put eveyething into a Word document now and when the time comes I'll have everything ready to go. :)

I wasn't aware that OTCAS would reset the information I already input. I am also applying for the first time this summer. I've already had my transcripts sent to OTCAS and two letters of recommendation/evaluations submitted. Will these be lost too when the application cycle begins in July?

I wasn't aware that OTCAS would reset the information I already input. I am also applying for the first time this summer. I've already had my transcripts sent to OTCAS and two letters of recommendation/evaluations submitted. Will these be lost too when the application cycle begins in July?

Unfortunately, it will all be gone. The current 2016-2017 cycle will close on July 6, 2017. You will need to do everything again, when the cycle re-opens on July 18th, 2017 for the 2017-2018 cycle. It says all this in the blue box before you login to OTCAS.