Enough Observation Hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ember1211

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying to a few PT schools this July-August.
These are my stats:
BS Psychology (graduating this August)
cGPA: 3.75
prGPA: 3.9 (One PR is outstanding and will be completed this Fall)
uGPA: 4.0
GRE: 299, 4.0AW
Hours: 130 (55 at a military hospital, 40 inpatient/acute care, 31 outpatient, and 4 pediatric)
I was also active duty army for 4 years (not sure if that counts for anything)

I'm retaking the GRE mid-July, so I'm hoping that I can bump my score up a little bit.
My question is if I have enough observation hours? I have been calling/emailing PT clinics near where I live and no one seems to either allow it or are taking anyone right now. It's kind of understandable because summer time is when people want to shadow and they probably have too many students in there right now....but it's discouraging and I'm wondering if I should just shoot with what I have since my GPA is solid.

Any thoughts/comments?

Members don't see this ad.

Having 4 different settings is better than a larger amount of hours in fewer settings, I think you'll be fine with that

Having 4 different settings is better than a larger amount of hours in fewer settings, I think you'll be fine with that
You're right. I think I'm just freaking out because application season is starting soon. Thanks!

It depends on what your schools require. If you're above the minimums, then spend your time elsewhere like improving your GRE score, IMO.