Endodontics 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone, congratulations on your interviews and acceptances.
I am a 2014 grad and am looking forward to applying for endo residency. I understand private practice experience is preferred but would an AEGD PLUS PRACTICE exp make an application more favorable?

There are several factors, but your AEGD experience helps because your attending/director can indicate how you did as a resident and whether you followed directions and guidance to improve your work. As a resident, you need to be open to criticism and improve your work on daily basis.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't end up going to the Buffalo interview as I accepted a spot at another program.

What do you think about ucsf since you took their offer? It seems like a weak program. They don't even have a clinic and it is corridor of few operatories. I haven't heard anything positive related to their endo training

What do you think about ucsf since you took their offer? It seems like a weak program. They don't even have a clinic and it is corridor of few operatories. I haven't heard anything positive related to their endo training
I think its a great program. Thats why I took it

Reactions: 1 user
I think its a great program. Thats why I took it

DrDientes, is it true that the UCSF program just got a new director, I heard he wants to have residents start placing implants? Besides the low cost aspect of the program, what other aspects of the program did you like? Thanks for your input!

Maybe there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one that answered my question directly. I have been gathering information from the AAE's website in regards to Endodontic Residency programs for 2019 (I will be applying this summer). After months of emailing schools and searching the AAE's website for information, I found that there were large discrepancies between the school and the AAE's website. I am wondering if anyone has an updated comprehensive list of schools that: 1. Require a year of experience/a GPR? and 2. Require a form of secondary examination outside of the boards exam? Thank you for your help!

Maybe there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one that answered my question directly. I have been gathering information from the AAE's website in regards to Endodontic Residency programs for 2019 (I will be applying this summer). After months of emailing schools and searching the AAE's website for information, I found that there were large discrepancies between the school and the AAE's website. I am wondering if anyone has an updated comprehensive list of schools that: 1. Require a year of experience/a GPR? and 2. Require a form of secondary examination outside of the boards exam? Thank you for your help!

I am a D4 that just finished applying and I could give you a list of schools that do not require a year of experience if that is helpful, but I don’t have a comprehensive list..