Endodontics 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any one find "certificate" option when applying to Nova Southeastern University. I chose the Dentistry MS option but now I am not so sure if its the right one. Any suggestions ?

I didn't find it either...and also chose MS

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't find it either...and also chose MS
It says Summer 2017 in program start date which i felt wasn't right so I called them. First they told me "oh you have applied to MS and this is certificate program" then they transferred me to admission counselor. Left a voice mail. I submitted all the supplemental documents and received mails from them that yes we have received your transcripts etc etct but it's not updated on the application page ? Are you having similar issues or am I doing some thing grossly incorrect ?

Members don't see this ad :)
It says Summer 2017 in program start date which i felt wasn't right so I called them. First they told me "oh you have applied to MS and this is certificate program" then they transferred me to admission counselor. Left a voice mail. I submitted all the supplemental documents and received mails from them that yes we have received your transcripts etc etct but it's not updated on the application page ? Are you having similar issues or am I doing some thing grossly incorrect ?

Yupp similar issues, I actually couldn't even pull up my application after I submitted. I called them last week to make sure everything was square and they said it was. Waiting game I guess..

Yupp similar issues, I actually couldn't even pull up my application after I submitted. I called them last week to make sure everything was square and they said it was. Waiting game I guess..
That makes me feel better! I'll wait for them to respond. Thanks mate! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing yet..
I haven't even heard that my application is complete...not a word. I know they typically interview pretty early (mid July) so I'm surprised that none of us have heard from them. I'm hoping that they're not going to start calling and offering interviews a week beforehand or I won't be able to swing it.

Hi everyone,
It's that time of the year!
The application process is going to start soon, wish you all the best.
Let's all post our quations regarding the applications, ADAT, interview dates .....and keep this thread going!
Please feel free to ask any quations that you have and hopefully someone will answer.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone
I am a practicing general since about 10 years. I don't yet own a practice. At this point in my career, I am planning to do a specialization. I like Endo- from a pragmatic point of view- No overheads , no liability. Please guide as to whether it is a good idea to plunge in to doing Endo program or rather open my own practice.

I hear it's heavy on lit-review. But overall good clinical experiences. When do they start notifying applicants?

Hello everyone
I am a practicing general since about 10 years. I don't yet own a practice. At this point in my career, I am planning to do a specialization. I like Endo- from a pragmatic point of view- No overheads , no liability. Please guide as to whether it is a good idea to plunge in to doing Endo program or rather open my own practice.
Just my .02 but if you haven't felt really drawn to it and have some kind of conviction for the specialty, I wouldn't do it. I know plenty of GPs who do very well owning their own practices and doing what they like. I wouldn't do endo just for the sake of specializing. That's just me though...

Just my .02 but if you haven't felt really drawn to it and have some kind of conviction for the specialty, I wouldn't do it. I know plenty of GPs who do very well owning their own practices and doing what they like. I wouldn't do endo just for the sake of specializing. That's just me though...
Thank you for your prompt reply. Well, my reason for specialization is two fold- not having a headache of opening your own business and secondly having a lifestyle where I could think of working few days to compensate financially. What are your thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad :)

I completely agree with Drill here. Financially you can do very well being a general and opening your own practice. You have to really love/be drawn to the specialty and not just for the benefits of the specialty

Thank you for your prompt reply. Well, my reason for specialization is two fold- not having a headache of opening your own business and secondly having a lifestyle where I could think of working few days to compensate financially. What are your thoughts on this?
I'm in the military right now but I've been moonlighting in private practice. The owner of the practice where I work has one full-time associate and 2 part-time associates. She only works 2-3 days/week and still makes a GREAT living from what the rest of us are producing while she's not there. Go buy a practice that's already up and running, build it to >$1M production and get an associate. You'll be managing a business but spend a lot less time in the chair if that interests you. Trust me, there is plenty of money to be made as a GP if you have the drive. For me, specializing is about being very proficient at one thing that I can hopefully do with my eyes closed after a while. Being a GP is definitely the most difficult path in terms of keeping up on the new research, products, technology, etc. I used to think that having a "boring" job sounded terrible. Now, the idea of doing something that is very predictable and less stressful is very appealing.

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida:
Georgia Regents University-July 31st, email
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University, July 31st, email
University of Iowa
University of Louisville: July 7th or July 24 (phone)
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University July 31, Aug 1, 2, 3 (email)
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University- July 10th (phone)
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
Lutheran Medical Center
New York University
State University of New York at Stony Brook
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University
Albert Einstein Medical Center-July 27 email
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- July 17th, (phone)
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York

I haven't even heard that my application is complete...not a word. I know they typically interview pretty early (mid July) so I'm surprised that none of us have heard from them. I'm hoping that they're not going to start calling and offering interviews a week beforehand or I won't be able to swing it.
Me neither.

Has anyone heard anything from Boston University? Looking at last years interviews, they had interviews in early June. Is that right?

I hear it's heavy on lit-review. But overall good clinical experiences. When do they start notifying applicants?

I believe they hold interviews in mid-July so I hope soon..

Do programs typically send out all interview invites in one day? So that the highlighted programs above won't call for more candidates?

Do programs typically send out all interview invites in one day? So that the highlighted programs above won't call for more candidates?

For a majority of programs, I believe yes

Places with more than 1 interview date do not send them all at one time

Do you know which programs have more than one interview date ?
Tufts and Louisville are the ones so far I know of according to the list we have going.

Any word from Pacific? Also, does anyone know what their program is like?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just got a call from Iowa today to schedule an interview but I was in patient care all afternoon and couldn't get back to them in time. I'll post tomorrow when I find out a date.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a call from Iowa today to schedule an interview but I was in patient care all afternoon and couldn't get back to them in time. I'll post tomorrow when I find out a date.
dude congrats thats awesome I am hoping to hear from them

I got an email from SLU PD saying that he want to call to have a quick chat. Does it mean an interview is on its way?

congrats drill, I guess your dental school dean did not say anything about you ruffling some feathers at them. I have not got anything from iowa though.

Do they leave a voice mail usually?

Anyone else hear from iowa? Looks like they were extremely selective this year..

Last edited:
state schools can be a hit or miss, they tend to accept their own students. it is easier for them that way since they have already had accurate records of those students' performance

umkc told me that they will start inviting next week. any news from UIC, Minnesota?

I've had a couple programs call and leave voicemails about interviews. I didn't go to Iowa for dental school but I had a classmate just graduate from there and I know he made a really good impression on them. They definitely don't only accept Iowa grads. Last year a military buddy of mine got accepted there and he didn't go to Iowa either. I imagine it takes most programs a few days to notify everyone so I wouldn't despair just yet.

I've had a couple programs call and leave voicemails about interviews. I didn't go to Iowa for dental school but I had a classmate just graduate from there and I know he made a really good impression on them. They definitely don't only accept Iowa grads. Last year a military buddy of mine got accepted there and he didn't go to Iowa either. I imagine it takes most programs a few days to notify everyone so I wouldn't despair just yet.

if you are cream of the crop, every school will be drooling over you. I know they do accept outsiders, however, 2-3 of their students are usually Iowa grads, which made the chance of getting in as non-iowa grads while slim.

What supplement material should be sent to BOSTON?
I received an email from them with a link to their brief supplemental application and fee payment, as far as I know that's all. I swear it's like pulling teeth getting information from these schools, I guess that's why I want to go into endo and not OS!

Just a heads up, it seems like some programs are having a difficult time locating the reported preliminary adat scores. I had to send a PDF screenshot of mine to some programs via email.

Got and Invite to Buffalo August 14th, 15th (email), anybody have any information on the program?