Endodontics 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
adat scores for the first testing period are out. im surprised the sample size was only 113

Members don't see this ad.

Got a 92 woot woot. Hopefully it plays a decent role in my app. I know some programs don't look at ADAT all that much.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got a 92 woot woot. Hopefully it plays a decent role in my app. I know some programs don't look at ADAT all that much.

wow congrats thats a great score! yeah who knows how programs will evaluate this information lol

Members don't see this ad :)
wow congrats thats a great score! yeah who knows how programs will evaluate this information lol

I had chance to talk to a program director. I think they just use it to retrospectively "study" the correlation between ADAT and their residents' performance for now. im surprised that only 113 took it...

Did you really study for the exam though, geewizz...I study for it, but the damn thing leaves my brain so fast. I took 2 weeks off from study and I almost forgot half of what I learnt.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I studied quite a bit. My class rank is not stellar so I am trying to make up for it. I used ADAT KO which was really great in my opinion

I believe they just want to know whether you passed or not considering whether you took them when they changed to p/f

This is probably a dumb question, but when some programs say that they want your board scores sent straight to them from ada, are they referring to the actual numerical value even tho board scores r p/f now?
As I understand it, you need to request an official score report be sent to the school. It'll be something like $35 per score report request.

Big Hoss

I noticed that UMKCs website says that ADAT scores should be self reported on the PASS App. I think I saw this requested on another school that requires it but can't remember for sure.

Where is the appropriate place to self report our scores? I was going to upload a screen shot of my scores but can't find a space to do that.
Will our June 15th scores be uploaded to the STATUS page? As of today, my scores are not listed.

Everything submitted. Waiting game begins..

Members don't see this ad :)
When should we expect the earliest possible interview date?

did they tell you how many questions that you got correct out of 200 geewizz? eg if you got 660 out 800 does it mean 165/ 200 right. Thanks

No, the raw score is reported in September I believe. So programs will just be looking at percentile I suppose

Has anyone else had trouble getting their institution eval done? I graduated a few years ago so I'm not anywhere near my dental school now. I sent them the request on May 18 and my PASS application has been otherwise complete since May 30. Several programs have emailed me reminding me that my application isn't complete because of the institution eval. I emailed the dean of student affairs 2 weeks ago and she said she'd try to get it done. Still nothing though. I know they have to do a ton of those for everyone applying through PASS but I can't believe it's taking this long. Just curious if I'm the only one having this problem...

Has anyone else had trouble getting their institution eval done? I graduated a few years ago so I'm not anywhere near my dental school now. I sent them the request on May 18 and my PASS application has been otherwise complete since May 30. Several programs have emailed me reminding me that my application isn't complete because of the institution eval. I emailed the dean of student affairs 2 weeks ago and she said she'd try to get it done. Still nothing though. I know they have to do a ton of those for everyone applying through PASS but I can't believe it's taking this long. Just curious if I'm the only one having this problem...
I was in the same situation last year during the application process. It took forever to get those completed and it got to the point where I had to constantly nag them about it until they got it done. Keep harassing them until they do it just to get you off their back.

Still pretty early I think, but anyone hear back for interviews yet?

My IEF was just completed. There was an issue with mine not being completed correctly by the university. They were able to fix it pretty quickly. I agree with awalke12- just keep contacting them until it's complete.

Still pretty early I think, but anyone hear back for interviews yet?

Haven't heard anything about interviews yet. I think it's too early still haha. From last years thread it looks like end of June/beginning of July is when programs started sending out invites.

Do you guys know how much time in advance the interview dates are with the time they contact you ???

I'm working full time now and I was trying to gauge time off

Yes you can, I submitted and then my letters just updated to my application as they came in. Same with my official transcript
So I've already submitted my application but then added a new evaluator. Is there no way to have this new evaluation sent to the schools I've already applied for? It doesn't seem to give me that option.

So I've already submitted my application but then added a new evaluator. Is there no way to have this new evaluation sent to the schools I've already applied for? It doesn't seem to give me that option.

Did you ever figure this out? I was trying to do the same thing... but I can't figure it out :(

Did you ever figure this out? I was trying to do the same thing... but I can't figure it out :(
I called PASS today and basically they told me that if you didn't already specify the evaluator before applying then there is no way to go back and add them. They told me that now you have to have it sent to all of the schools individually, which I really think is ludicrous. I mean how can I ask someone who is already going out of their way to do an evaluation to then go and send it to 10 or more schools? And how do you even do that in a secure way and ensure it's received properly? I don't understand the reasoning because say you already specified someone and they hadn't competed the evaluation yet but you already submitted, then surely PASS still has to get their evaluation to the schools right? I mean what's the difference? Does anybody else have any input or suggestions?

I called PASS today and basically they told me that if you didn't already specify the evaluator before applying then there is no way to go back and add them. They told me that now you have to have it sent to all of the schools individually, which I really think is ludicrous. I mean how can I ask someone who is already going out of their way to do an evaluation to then go and send it to 10 or more schools? And how do you even do that in a secure way and ensure it's received properly? I don't understand the reasoning because say you already specified someone and they hadn't competed the evaluation yet but you already submitted, then surely PASS still has to get their evaluation to the schools right? I mean what's the difference? Does anybody else have any input or suggestions?

I believe most schools are OK with you sending the sealed letters to them. You can ask your evaluators to send like 10 copies to you and then you mail the letters out yourself. Michigan is the only exception, they are so strict about everything

I believe most school will be OK with you sending the sealed letters to them. You can ask your evaluators to send like 10 copies to you and then you mail the letters out yourself. Michigan is the only exception, they are so strict about everything

I think ohsu is strict too :( it says online they'll shred any papers sent directly to them =(

I think ohsu is strict too :( it says online they'll shred any papers sent directly to them =(

I will give schools that participated in PASS and dont require random secondary more "desirable" score when interview time comes. PASS while expensive makes the application process more tolerable. For schools that don't participate in PASS, I had to call one of them like 10 times to make sure that my application was correctly filed.

I finally got the institution evaluation submitted after seriously ruffling some feathers at the dental school. Feels great to have the application complete....now time to sit back and wait to hear. UTSA sent me an email saying that they would be contacting applicants after July15th for interviews. Last year they interviewed early August I think so I'm guessing most programs will be giving 2-3 weeks advanced notice for interviews from the looks of it.

I finally got the institution evaluation submitted after seriously ruffling some feathers at the dental school. Feels great to have the application complete....now time to sit back and wait to hear. UTSA sent me an email saying that they would be contacting applicants after July15th for interviews. Last year they interviewed early August I think so I'm guessing most programs will be giving 2-3 weeks advanced notice for interviews from the looks of it.

hopefully, they didnt say somewhere in your Dean's letter that DrillSGT is wild and untamed...lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to send national board scores to programs not going through PASS? Is it all electronic now, lots of programs are requesting scores to be sent by paper? so confused..

If they don't have an email address listed for the scores to be sent to you should call and ask for one. That's what I had to do for a couple programs

Please work on this list, and update name of the program you receive an interview. Please indicate whether it was phone or email. It helps other applicants to know about status of their applied programs.

The list of programs from last round:

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida:
Georgia Regents University
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
Lutheran Medical Center
New York University
State University of New York at Stony Brook
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette UniversityUniversity of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of Florida:
Indiana University
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University: Sent out interviews
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Nebraska
Columbia University
Lutheran Medical Center
New York University
Ohio State University
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA Long Beach
VA New York

hopefully, they didnt say somewhere in your Dean's letter that DrillSGT is wild and untamed...lol
Haaa yeah that's exactly what I thought. I finally get it done but they probably said I'm a pain in the a$$ lol. That's my luck...

Yes it's the only day as far as I know and it seems last year they only had one interview date.

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys plan to handle the travel arrangements for interviews? For those going through the match process, they will obviously just buy plane tickets and go to every interview. For endo thought it's a totally different ball game. It's looking like I could have an interview on a Thursday, Friday, and Monday all basically back to back. I'm thinking optimistically here, but lets say I get accepted to the interview on Thursday so I wouldn't be going to the others. I wonder if airlines would even allow me to cancel a flight with that short of notice and still get a refund or credit. Second thought is, if I have plane tickets for the next interview but got accepted at a program already and still would like to interview at the next place. I'm just curious if anyone has some great advice on how to handle this stuff. This is all new to me...

Georgia Regents interview sent a couple of days ago for July 31st.

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys plan to handle the travel arrangements for interviews? For those going through the match process, they will obviously just buy plane tickets and go to every interview. For endo thought it's a totally different ball game. It's looking like I could have an interview on a Thursday, Friday, and Monday all basically back to back. I'm thinking optimistically here, but lets say I get accepted to the interview on Thursday so I wouldn't be going to the others. I wonder if airlines would even allow me to cancel a flight with that short of notice and still get a refund or credit. Second thought is, if I have plane tickets for the next interview but got accepted at a program already and still would like to interview at the next place. I'm just curious if anyone has some great advice on how to handle this stuff. This is all new to me...
Wow you are on a roll buddy! I wish i have this "problem" :) . Good luck on your interviews!

Last edited:
How does the endo cycle work in terms of interviewing after an acceptance? Is it frowned upon and are you told by program directors who accept you to call off all future interviews?

How does the endo cycle work in terms of interviewing after an acceptance? Is it frowned upon and are you told by program directors who accept you to call off all future interviews?

I wish I were lucky like you to have programs fighting over me -(. In theory, you could accept one offer and later on turn it down when you find a better offer. However, you would superpiss the first program director and He/ she might give students from your school a hard time when they apply to his/ her program in the future. I would check to see whether it is a binding contract...

Updating:
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of Florida:
Indiana University
University of Iowa
University of Louisville - July 24th - phone
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University: Sent out interviews
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Nebraska
Columbia University
Lutheran Medical Center
New York University
Ohio State University
Albert Einstein Medical Center - July 27th - email
Temple University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA Long Beach
VA New York

Did any one find "certificate" option when applying to Nova Southeastern University. I chose the Dentistry MS option but now I am not so sure if its the right one. Any suggestions ?