Endocrinology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudecoolname

words under my username
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much endocrinology is on the biology section? My knowledge is quite lacking in this area and the Kaplan endocrinology section is making my head spin.

Can anyone specify what I should study for this specific section? The names/origins/physiological functions of all these hormones is a bit overwhelming.

Members don't see this ad.

I totally agree with what you said about Kaplan's material, it's way too detailed. I don't want to spend too much unnecessary time memorizing all of the phylams they gave.

If anyone knows, please let us know!! Thanks! :)

Bump. Im basically just wondering what basic info. I should know in regards to endocrinology.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am having the exact same problem. Is it worth memorizing all the hormones? I heard that the test isn't nearly as detailed as the Kaplan book makes it appear? Has anyone who has taken the test remember how detailed the question were?

I am having the exact same problem. Is it worth memorizing all the hormones? I heard that the test isn't nearly as detailed as the Kaplan book makes it appear? Has anyone who has taken the test remember how detailed the question were?

Just know the hormones, where they are made, what organ distributes them, and where they go (by knowing where they go it will help you know what each does). It isn't that hard to memorize the 15 or so basic endocrine hormones.