EMT Training in Eastern/Central Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RummyMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I finished my undergrad in May 2014 and since then have been trying to take some spare classes to shore up or replace grades from my undergrad since I graduated with a 3.2 GPA. I had been planning on applying to medical or PA school after graduating since I had been a freshman, but I had some issues with what I thought I could do with my grades and general "senior student existential crisis" type panics. As a result, my timeline for applying to either type of school got thrown off by quite a bit considering it takes over a year from application to matriculation, which is complicated by me not being able to rely on just staying in undergrad in that waiting year inbetween. So this upcoming fall will be the start of my second year after graduation and I'm still trying to nail down having a more meaningful job of some sort to keep me financially steady while trying to get back on that application timeline.

I'll be living with a roommate of mine in Muncie, IN next year and had been trying to find a nearby EMT certification class to sign up for so that I could transition to a slightly higher paying position than just a regular job associated with college-aged students. It also helps that working in a healthcare oriented position will help me accrue patient contact hours for both PA and med schools when it comes to applications soon. The issue is that I either can't seem to find a solid resource of all available listed EMT courses in Indiana, or the majority tend to be in only Indianapolis, which is maddening because Indy simply can't be the only city in the state to offer courses. I was also looking more for courses offered through hospitals themselves because they tended to be less price-inflated compared to ones offered through most schools, and they also tended to be shorter in duration as well. Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere where I can find more of these classes? I'd very much appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

You could always contact your local 911 service (not via 911 please) and ask about course locations. Word travels fast in EMS, and we usually know what is going on in the area around us regarding education, jobs, drama, etc.

Could you travel to Southern Indiana/Louisville KY?

*EDIT: Holy moly I did not realize how old this thread was!