Elms College Post Bacc Program Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwiplanter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Elms College Post Bacc Program
Is anyone familiar with the post bacc program at Elms College in western MA? If a current or former student could give me some stats on the program I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to know:

1. The pros and cons of the program (including the structure of the program, the learning environment, cost, location, level of difficulty of the classes and competitiveness between students)
2. What did you wish you knew before entering the program?
3. Any tips for people looking to apply?
4. Has this program helped you get into med school (or anyone of your classmates)?
5. Please rate the program, 1 being horrible and 5 meaning you would recommend the program.
6. Any advice you have.

Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Come on guys can someone please help me out and share whatever info they know

Never heard of it

Don't know anyone who went there

Never seen anyone post on the forum who went there

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there and got in but I am not sure if I will go there. I am hoping to get into another post bacc program

Elms College Post Bacc Program
Is anyone familiar with the post bacc program at Elms College in western MA? If a current or former student could give me some stats on the program I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to know:

1. The pros and cons of the program (including the structure of the program, the learning environment, cost, location, level of difficulty of the classes and competitiveness between students)
2. What did you wish you knew before entering the program?
3. Any tips for people looking to apply?
4. Has this program helped you get into med school (or anyone of your classmates)?
5. Please rate the program, 1 being horrible and 5 meaning you would recommend the program.
6. Any advice you have.

Thank you in advance :)
Hi Kiwiplanter,

I currently go to Elms College and it exceeded my expectations. I thought a small school would be a terrible idea considering I went to a state school for my undergrad. However, Elms has a good post bacc program.

The classes are smaller, so you can easily ask questions and grasp the material being taught, the teachers are always helpful and kind, and the premed advisor is VERY resourceful. She usually organizes premed meetings during the school year, inviting people from professional schools to talk to us about what we need to do to get into these schools. She also gives us lectures on how to write good personal statements, held mock interviews and made Kaplan do a discount program with us!

I'm currently preparing for the MCAT, and I feel more confident than I was. The only thing is that Chicopee is a small town and you may not have too many options if you love hanging out. However, that helps me focus even more. Plus there are neighboring cities that have a good nightlife. I recommend going to Elms College! Good luck with your medical career

Reactions: 1 users
I also just graduated from this program and agree with the other person's opinion. I have walked away with an amazing GPA as well as a lot better idea of how to apply to medical schools. The pros of the program include the class sizes and student:teacher ratio, as well as the premed meetings that the Medical Advisor provides. I do think that many of my classmates will be getting into their desired programs. I am currently applying to programs now as well as finishing my MCAT studying. Depending on your situation, this could be a good program for you.

Reactions: 1 users
anybody else, have any insights? I recently just accepted my position in the postbacc, but would love to hear about people's experiences, getting into medical school afterwards, and living in the chicopee/springfield areas. Thanks!

I have never heard of it.

Last edited:
anybody else, have any insights? I recently just accepted my position in the postbacc, but would love to hear about people's experiences, getting into medical school afterwards, and living in the chicopee/springfield areas. Thanks!

Just got it, starting in January! Would love to talk with you about your experience so far and any tips you may have about the area. Lets chat?

Reactions: 1 user
sorry I actually changed my decision and turned down the program. Im doing something else that is less expensive. Sorry if I wasn't able to help, I would suggest talking to Jane though cuz she is an amazing resource.