Program-Specific Info / Q's Elmhurst? (applying to an unaccredited school)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefullyAnOTStudentSoon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone plan on applying to Elmhurst for the coming 2018-19 year? The official post on ACOTE says they were denied accreditation because they failed to uphold to the curriculum standards, and the Elmhurst website states that they expect to receive accreditation for students who begin in the 2018-19 year.

Is it worth it to spend money applying to a school that doesn't have their accreditation? Or is it not worth the risk?

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I was planning on applying too but now im not sure anymore because what if they don't get accredited. I don't want to take a risk.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone plan on applying to Elmhurst for the coming 2018-19 year? The official post on ACOTE says they were denied accreditation because they failed to uphold to the curriculum standards, and the Elmhurst website states that they expect to receive accreditation for students who begin in the 2018-19 year.

Is it worth it to spend money applying to a school that doesn't have their accreditation? Or is it not worth the risk?

Thanks for the advice!
If anything we would hopefully find out in April and if by then you interview and are accepted I would maybe put down a deposit. It is a risk but they are so close that chances are if you go to the school they would hopefully be accredited by the time WE graduate which would be in 2020. It should also be pointed out that the program is sort of a hybrid program and there are only a few staff so if that doesn't sound appealing then maybe its not the best program.