Effective Advertising for New Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pike73

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am opening a new practice location and am having trouble getting the word out about the practice. I know that there is a demand for psychiatric services in the area. I have sent out flyer to local therapist but am looking for other ways to connect with patients in the area. Does anyone have any effective ways that have worked for them? I am taking commercial insurances and offer flexible hours. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've had a good experience using psychologytoday.com. Their SEO is so powerful that people find me on there before they make it to my website. I luck out because I'm only one of two psychiatrists in the directory for my market.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, introduce yourself to the other psychiatrists in town and at the nearest psych hospital. Inpatient psychiatrists often need someone to refer discharged patients to, and some of these will have insurance.

I've had a good experience using psychologytoday.com. Their SEO is so powerful that people find me on there before they make it to my website. I luck out because I'm only one of two psychiatrists in the directory for my market.

I've also heard that this is a powerful resource, and I'll be using it when I eventually open up my practice as well.

I haven't found this to be that helpful, but maybe mild benefit.

With commercial insurance acceptance, you shouldn't need to advertise. The insurance companies should list your services online and their staff should refer callers to you looking for services. Step 1 is to start searching for yourself on each insurance website to verify it has been updated. If not updated in a timely fashion, I would threaten to pull coverage. With insurance acceptance, you are agreeing to accept lower payments in exchange for volume.

If you could work in an inpt place part time or as an indepen. contractor for a facility you will really get the word out about yourself very quickly.

Reactions: 1 user