Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally my application is complete! It took about 4 months to get that email lol. Now the wait begins :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Finally my application is complete! It took about 4 months to get that email lol. Now the wait begins :)
holy crap!! yay finally lol!

Reactions: 1 user
holy crap!! yay finally lol!

And thats after persisting calling the admissions for an update. They had no clue why my application wasn't marked complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
And thats after persisting calling the admissions for an update. They had no clue why my application wasn't marked complete.
that's crazy. I emailed them and they just gave me that generic there is a ton of applicant things and eventually I was marked complete. I don't think they are that interested in me though..I wonder if that is why it took months for completion.

that's crazy. I emailed them and they just gave me that generic there is a ton of applicant things and eventually I was marked complete. I don't think they are that interested in me though..I wonder if that is why it took months for completion.

Yeah I feel the same way too. But I m just gonna keep emailing them like once a month from here on out to show my interest in the program, hopefully that will work lol.

2.5 weeks since received the complete email for the secondary. approx. how long until IIs come out?

2.5 weeks since received the complete email for the secondary. approx. how long until IIs come out?

Have you received the application complete email yet? I think you get that first before a II invite.

Have you received the application complete email yet? I think you get that first before a II invite.

i received the email "We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete as we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation." on 10/24!

have you heard how long until IIs?

i received the email "We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete as we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation." on 10/24!

have you heard how long until IIs?

Yeah thats the complete email that I received today. It depends how long it can take for IIs, sometimes its within a week, but sometimes it can take up to 4 months.

Does it really take a long time to become complete? The day after I sent in my secondary, I got an email from them the next day saying that they were updating my file. I'm kind of shocked that they would do it so quickly after reading all the posts on here.

Does it really take a long time to become complete? The day after I sent in my secondary, I got an email from them the next day saying that they were updating my file. I'm kind of shocked that they would do it so quickly after reading all the posts on here.

I think it really depends on their interest. Some people who get completed early get II invites quickly too.

Anyone know if there is an accepted students page yet?

II just now!!!
Complete 9/02
Any suggestions on hotels and flights?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I see a lot of amazing stats on here! Are mine just too low for this school? cGPA 3.71, sGPA 3.60, MCAT: 499 :/

I see a lot of amazing stats on here! Are mine just too low for this school? cGPA 3.71, sGPA 3.60, MCAT: 499 :/
I would say not at all. Your GPA is in the average to above average range. Your MCAT is at the lower end of the average range but still acceptable. (Atleast in my opinion)

I'm sure this has been addressed in another post but how long did it take you all to get confirmation of your secondary app? I submitted it a week ago and it hasn't updated on my portal and I haven't gotten an email. Normally I wouldn't worry but I had some computer trouble when I was trying to submit so I just want to make sure they got it. Should I email them?

I'm sure this has been addressed in another post but how long did it take you all to get confirmation of your secondary app? I submitted it a week ago and it hasn't updated on my portal and I haven't gotten an email. Normally I wouldn't worry but I had some computer trouble when I was trying to submit so I just want to make sure they got it. Should I email them?

It took about 2 weeks for me after submitting my secondary to get a secondary received email.

For those who have been accepted what was the turnaround from interviewing to acceptance. I have a deposit due Dec 14th and I just received a call from them, which I assume is for an interview. Would I know if I was accepted prior to Decemver 14th if I interviewed soon?

For those who have been accepted what was the turnaround from interviewing to acceptance. I have a deposit due Dec 14th and I just received a call from them, which I assume is for an interview. Would I know if I was accepted prior to Decemver 14th if I interviewed soon?

Unless you interviewed this week I doubt you would hear before December 14th. Most people had a 10-14 day wait from my understanding

They told my group 3-4 weeks and I got the call a week later! So it's definitely possible

I never sent in the secondary here because I was waiting for my DO to finish his letter..he sent his in, but I still haven't finished the secondary.
I received a call from a 4th year medical student this evening, encouraging me to finish my application. What do you guys think?
The same thing happened with me! I hadn't submitted the secondary yet and they called to encourage me to apply. I have since applied and am waiting to be complete. Wonder if it really means anything.

Anyone know if VCOM let's you use headphones in class still? My buddy did through first and second year but I'm not sure if they did away with that policy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students page created yet?

has anyone who interviewed in november heard back yet ?

Just got the complete email yesterday. Hoping to hear some good news soon!

Anyone know if VCOM let's you use headphones in class still? My buddy did through first and second year but I'm not sure if they did away with that policy.

They definitely don't encourage it but a decent amount of people do it. Just one the things that happens with a mandatory attendance policy, people study during class.

Source: I'm a student at VCOM

Recently Accepted! Let me know if you guys have any questions :)

Accepted today. Very impressed with this school.

Accepted today as well! Interviewed on the 30th. Can't wait to be here in the fall!

Not sure if this has ever been asked on here, but if there are any current students who could answer this question, do you like having the individual exams instead of a block format? Just trying to determine pros/cons when deciding where I should accept, even though I loved VCOM and is most likely where I plan to accept. Thanks!

Not sure if this has ever been asked on here, but if there are any current students who could answer this question, do you like having the individual exams instead of a block format? Just trying to determine pros/cons when deciding where I should accept, even though I loved VCOM and is most likely where I plan to accept. Thanks!

While I like the idea of a block exam format I prefer the individual exam. Yeah it obviously sucks sometimes that you have 2 tests/week and feel like you're studying a ton. But at least here they do a really good job of having each class cover the same diseases/anatomy/etc. at the same time. So while you get a test in anatomy, pathology, and clinical medicine they are all about the same subject from a little different angle and help reinforce the information as opposed to cramming it in at the end of the block.

It's also nice to not have so much of your grade determined at once so you have a chance to correct your studying and figure out how you best learn each subject.

I go to Carolinas campus and I would say I don't prefer it, but it works. Not sure about Virginia, but here we had one week of six exams in three days. Sure it was the end of the block finals but to me that's too many individual tests. Either way you learn the material. Just trying to give you a heads up because I was blindsided and surprised by the volume of tests versus my other friends who go to medical schools with only a few exams per block.

hey this might be a silly question but is the only way to submit the deposit by sending the check thru mail?

also, if the due date is Dec. 14th, does that mean I have to mail it by then or they have to receive it by then?

any help would be very greatly appreciated!!

Not sure if this question has been asked yet, but has anyone received their completion confirmation after a month of submitting everything (even though you know your file is complete)? I'm a little concerned that my file is only now being reviewed and I have a friend who submitted her secondary the same day, got a confirmation 1-2 days later and is further along in the process. Admissions hasn't been too helpful answering this question.

Not sure if this question has been asked yet, but has anyone received their completion confirmation after a month of submitting everything (even though you know your file is complete)? I'm a little concerned that my file is only now being reviewed and I have a friend who submitted her secondary the same day, got a confirmation 1-2 days later and is further along in the process. Admissions hasn't been too helpful answering this question.

I received my complete email 4 months after submitting my secondary. It really depends on how good of a fit you are for them so I think they prioritize based on that. Also just being complete doesn't necessarily mean you will hear back soon. The wait time for hearing back after complete is somewhere from 3 weeks to 3 months is what I was told by VCOM.

+1
When you hear back from them definitely correlates to how well you fit the mission of the school or how much they "like" you.

Any current VCOM students on here that I could ask a few questions about VCOM? I have been already accepted, but I am deciding putting down my deposit between VCOM and DMU. I liked both schools.

I received my complete email 4 months after submitting my secondary. It really depends on how good of a fit you are for them so I think they prioritize based on that. Also just being complete doesn't necessarily mean you will hear back soon. The wait time for hearing back after complete is somewhere from 3 weeks to 3 months is what I was told by VCOM.

Wow 4 months! Thanks so much for your insight, glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone who's going/goes here share why they chose this school over others? I would appreciate it!

Withdrawing my acceptance from VCOM VA. Hope one of you gets the spot, I really liked this school!

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys I got accepted earlier in the fall and saw on the acceptance letter that any grade lower than a B needs to have an explanation....how bad is it if I get a B- in a class? (but still overall gpa is above the 3.2 they want)

Getting a little nervous since I just paid my deposit lol