Edward Via COM - Carolina Campus (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send out a confirmation email after they have received your $1500 deposit, signed acceptance letter and background check?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today, interviewed March 9, verified 1/18/17, Secondary submitted 2/7/17. Just some data for you all. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when the last interview date was/is? And when will they send out rejection notifications?

Does anyone know if all the seats are full for the Carolinas campus? I am scheduled to interview on April 3rd.

MCAT = 498
Undergrad GPA= 3.66
Science GPA = 3.6
Graduate GPA = 3.66
Thank you!! Good luck with your interview. I have been combing through previous threads the past days and from what I've read everyone seems super nice out there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Stats?

Hey sorry, new to this sdn thing so hopefully the quote works. Thanks for the congrats! As requested, a few of my stats are:

sGPA: 3.78
cumulative GPA: 3.82
non-sciGPA: 3.93
MCAT: 29 (old mcat)

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I will try to remember to check here sometimes. I will say this for the interviewer who goes on April 3rd, the interview day was terrific and very well conducted. Very professional and efficient. Also, let the questions fly on your interview day because I was able to get tons of info about the school and curriculum from each interviewer.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if all the seats are full for the Carolinas campus? I am scheduled to interview on April 3rd.

I don't think they are full. I was accepted today. Interviewed 3/20, sent secondary 2/28 (Yes, the day before the deadline, lol)

I don't think they are full. I was accepted today. Interviewed 3/20, sent secondary 2/28 (Yes, the day before the deadline, lol)

May I ask what your stats are? I interviewed earlier in the cycle at the other campus, and was ultimately waitlisted :/

I just received a rejection pre-secondary for not having the appropriate credentials for application (3.3 gpa the last 120 credits, 24+ MCAT, and genuine DO shadowing) despite surpassing all of these standards... is this just a generic e-mail they send out to applicants whose primaries they aren't interested in?

Note: Submitted primary in July...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are there currently spots open? I'm waitlisted, but would like to know when the waitlist movements kind of starts?

Saw someone got an II today from the Auburn campus. Does anyone know if they are still interviewing here?

May I ask what your stats are? I interviewed earlier in the cycle at the other campus, and was ultimately waitlisted :/
510, UGPA 3.4, Science GPA 3.4, Grad GPA 4.0. Went to top 20 school, dealt with adversity which led to poor grades initially with strong upward trend

I was also accepted on 3/31, interviewed 3/20!

So it seems like there are still spots. Unsure if they are still interviewing though.

I was also accepted on 3/31, interviewed 3/20!

So it seems like there are still spots. Unsure if they are still interviewing though.
Im not sure because we're seeing students on here going to the waitlist

accepted off the waitlist this past week!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! And Cant remember the exact date but I believe March 23rd? It was the tuesday of that week!

I would just search VCOM-Carolinas Class of 2021 and request to join once you find the page. One of the moderators will add you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know when they release the rankings for waitlist?

withdrew my application from here today! GOODLUCK to everyone- Hope this can make someones day!

Does anyone know how you'll be contacted if you get off the waitlist? And has anyone heard of any movement recently?

Does anyone know how you'll be contacted if you get off the waitlist? And has anyone heard of any movement recently?
I haven't heard anything. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the class of 2022 offer at this point, but I don't know how they decide any of that.

JUST GOT a GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE FOR THE CLASS OF 2022!!! THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT a GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE FOR THE CLASS OF 2022!!! THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!
Congratulations! Do you mind if I PM you and ask what your application was like? I'm waitlisted at the other campus

Hard decision, but I'll be withdrawing my acceptance here today. Hope it goes to one of you! Really wishing that $1500 deposit could go to someone else as well...

Withdrew my acceptance from here today. Tough choice, but I hope that someone else will get good news soon!

So, I guess the waitlist is still moving. Just got the call today. I'll see everyone in two weeks!!!

Any old or current students know what happened to the forum Carolina campus used to have where they share old files?

Any old or current students know what happened to the forum Carolina campus used to have where they share old files?

It was deleted because of issues with the previous owner of the website. We didn't have access to it anymore which meant we couldn't make new accounts for current students so now we're using a different private server. We transferred over most of the material from the original from vcomcc to this new server.