Edward Via COM - Carolina Campus (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone else accepted and sending good vibes to you who are waiting to hear back! I am a little late to the game, but interviewed 09/27 and was accepted 09/28. It has been a super long journey for me personally and just wanted to let everyone know that you shouldn't give up on your dream! Message me with any questions you guys have!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
So I interviewed last Monday 10/17, and received a call later that Friday morning 10/21 (which i missed) from Erin with a voicemail saying to call back about my status. I called back that day and today as well but no one has picked up. No email yet either. Does this mean I got accepted? Would they call about waitlist/rejection? Kind of confused here :shrug:

So I interviewed last Monday 10/17, and received a call later that Friday morning 10/21 (which i missed) from Erin with a voicemail saying to call back about my status. I called back that day and today as well but no one has picked up. No email yet either. Does this mean I got accepted? Would they call about waitlist/rejection? Kind of confused here :shrug:

Most likely an acceptance call. Congrats! Keep trying to call. Erin and the rest of the admission staff are great so it's strange that no one has picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Right after she called me I received an email, so maybe check your VCOM status on the website or check your email! I also wouldn't panic if you don't have an email or a status change on the website. I think they send it out after you receive the call. I know that they don't call for denials :)

Most likely an acceptance call. Congrats! Keep trying to call. Erin and the rest of the admission staff are great so it's strange that no one has picked up.

Thanks! Yeah, I found it super weird too, but I guess I'll just call again tomorrow morning

Right after she called me I received an email, so maybe check your VCOM status on the website or check your email! I also wouldn't panic if you don't have an email or a status change on the website. I think they send it out after you receive the call. I know that they don't call for denials :)

O ok that's reassuring, thanks! I can't find the portal URL in my email - do you mind linking me?

I also interviewed 10/17 and was called Friday. Sounds like she left you the same general voicemail she left me, and I was accepted! I think she called me from her cell phone, so maybe try calling the admissions office instead of calling back the number she called from if you haven't already.

Reactions: 1 users
I also interviewed 10/17 and was called Friday. Sounds like she left you the same general voicemail she left me, and I was accepted! I think she called me from her cell phone, so maybe try calling the admissions office instead of calling back the number she called from if you haven't already.

Yes my call was from her cell as well. Thanks for the advice! I'll try the office tomorrow!

Woot Erin picked up and I'm accepted! Received the email today as well! :cool:

Reactions: 7 users
What interview questions did they ask you guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was barely asked any questions at all besides 2 or 3 typical interview questions like why medicine and why DO. I feel like they really just want to get to know you. It was the most conversational interview I've had by far.

I was barely asked any questions at all besides 2 or 3 typical interview questions like why medicine and why DO. I feel like they really just want to get to know you. It was the most conversational interview I've had by far.
Awesome, those are the best kinds that just flow into conversations.

Prasie God! I received the acceptance call from Ms. Erin just now! My interview was on 10/19 :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody willing to post their stats?

II for 11/30! For anyone who has interviewed, can you chime in on how you liked their campus and facilities? Last year I interviewed at their VA campus so I'm not as familiar with this one.

II for 11/30! For anyone who has interviewed, can you chime in on how you liked their campus and facilities? Last year I interviewed at their VA campus so I'm not as familiar with this one.

Congrats! The campus is was very beautiful, new, and close to downtown Spartanburg. There are two lecture halls with one for OMS-1 and the other for OMS-2. There are three stories with a well ventilated anatomy lab and simulation centers on the top floor. Like I said everything was new and the campus as a whole was neat and clean. The faculty and staff were all very welcoming and the students seemed very happy to be there. The area around the campus itself may seem a little "run down" but I got the feeling that the area was being built back up and remodeled. The campus is very close to Spartanburg Memorial and Mary Black hospitals, two of the clinical rotation sites in the Upstate region. They will give you a tour of Spartanburg before you actually interview so you will be able to see most of the downtown area. Overall, I had great experience and cannot wait to matriculate. Feel free to PM if you would like something specific addressed. Good luck with the interview!

How long did it take you guys to receive your official acceptance letter/deposit information in the mail? I got the call on a Friday and was told it would go out that following Monday (last Monday), but I still haven't received anything.

How long did it take you guys to receive your official acceptance letter/deposit information in the mail? I got the call on a Friday and was told it would go out that following Monday (last Monday), but I still haven't received anything.
I think mine took over a week. I think I received two weeks later if I remember correctly. Also the background check website still does not work, so I am still waiting on that.

I think mine took over a week. I think I received two weeks later if I remember correctly. Also the background check website still does not work, so I am still waiting on that.

I contacted their admissions office about this same issue. Erin told me the link in the acceptance package was incorrect. The background check that is on their website under the accepted students tab is the link you want to use.

II on 10/31 and I'll be interviewing on 11/16! I'm pretty pumped about interviewing here and seeing the campus. For anyone that flew in from out of state, do y'all have any advice on which airports and what traffic is like the morning of the interview? I'll be coming in from Texas for the interview.

II on 10/31 and I'll be interviewing on 11/16! I'm pretty pumped about interviewing here and seeing the campus. For anyone that flew in from out of state, do y'all have any advice on which airports and what traffic is like the morning of the interview? I'll be coming in from Texas for the interview.
Greenville-Spartanburg airport. Not sure about traffic though.

Normal city traffic. Not super busy but you want to give yourself time. Show up 15 min early at least. Look sharp and sell yourself. Most of the talking is done by you. Figure out a way to have good conversation without being super animated and you should be fine. Hope to see you in next years class.

I contacted their admissions office about this same issue. Erin told me the link in the acceptance package was incorrect. The background check that is on their website under the accepted students tab is the link you want to use.
Thanks !!!

II today! The confirmation email said there's 3 one on one interviews. How long are they each? And what were you guys experiences on interview day here?

II today! The confirmation email said there's 3 one on one interviews. How long are they each? And what were you guys experiences on interview day here?

Each interview was roughly 30 minutes long. Very conversational and engaging interviewers. I had a great experience touring the facilities and learning more about what the campus and Spartanburg had to offer. The admissions team and students were very welcoming and willing to answer any questions that I had. I am sure you will have a great experience!

Accepted students may want to make a fb page for your group. Myself and a fellow classmate had one started in October to start to friend and get to know each other.

I got an interview on 11/07 :soexcited:

Can anyone give some advice on what to expect on interview day? Did they ask you any off the wall questions? ANYTHING will help! I am a little nervous since this is my first DO interview.

ALSO, can we pick which of the 3 campuses we want to attend, or is it where you interview is where you will be accepted?

I got an interview on 11/07 :soexcited:

Can anyone give some advice on what to expect on interview day? Did they ask you any off the wall questions? ANYTHING will help! I am a little nervous since this is my first DO interview.

ALSO, can we pick which of the 3 campuses we want to attend, or is it where you interview is where you will be accepted?

Where you interview is where you would matriculate. I am not sure if the possibility exists to choose a different campus. You could ask and the worst they would say is no.

Interview day was very conversational. I felt like they just wanted to get to know you better. I was not asked anything off the wall. Just basic why DO, why VCOM. I was only asked normal "interview questions" by one of my interviewers and they were not particularly challenging. I would suggest not having memorized answers to these big questions so that your answers seem more natural and sincere. Just relax and be yourself. Review the website before l, know your application, and have some questions for your interviewers. Good luck! I hope you have a great experience like I did!

Did anyone get accepted this week?

Did anyone get accepted this week?

Interviewed last week but have not heard anything back yet. They said they will get back by end of this week. I presume due to veterans day off they will get back to students next week. Hope for the best!

Anyone know the price of the background check?

Did anyone who interviewed this week hear anything yet?

Did anyone who interviewed this week hear anything yet?

not yet - Erin told our group we would hear something before the weekend as the committee was meeting Thursday morning. Hoping for good news by the end of the day!

Does anyone know if there is an average turn around time for interviews? I applied back in July but didn't get a complete email until October 25th

II wake-up call today! I was not expecting to hear back from this school, and probably sounded dead tired at the time. This was the nicest admissions staff I have ever spoken to over the phone.

II wake-up call today! I was not expecting to hear back from this school, and probably sounded dead tired at the time. This was the nicest admissions staff I have ever spoken to over the phone.

Congrats on the II! When were you complete?

It was really a laid back process. Everyone was super friendly. Mostly just wanted to get to know you. Each of my 3 interviewers had very different styles. Not once was I asked why I wanted to be a doctor which was kind of a relief. Just got accepted last Friday.

It was really a laid back process. Everyone was super friendly. Mostly just wanted to get to know you. Each of my 3 interviewers had very different styles. Not once was I asked why I wanted to be a doctor which was kind of a relief. Just got accepted last Friday.
Congratulations!! Would you mind PMing your stats?

Thinking about submitting an app here but I'm worried I'm too late..

~3.5 for both GPAs, ~70th percentile MCAT, D1 athlete with decent research and ECs. Also ~2000 hours as an ER tech. OOS. What do you guys think?