Education Path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ratbid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm just looking for information regarding the best path to approach practicing nuclear medicine. I'm currently finishing my last year of a chemical physics undergraduate degree at the university of guelph (canada). My last two years average should hopefully be 78-80%. Now what would people recommend as my next step?

My plan at the moment is to take a masters degree in medical physics and then attend medical school with a focus on nuclear medicine. Ideally I would like to practice in any medical field while performing research/teaching in nuclear medicine. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys

I'm just looking for information regarding the best path to approach practicing nuclear medicine. I'm currently finishing my last year of a chemical physics undergraduate degree at the university of guelph (canada). My last two years average should hopefully be 78-80%. Now what would people recommend as my next step?

My plan at the moment is to take a masters degree in medical physics and then attend medical school with a focus on nuclear medicine. Ideally I would like to practice in any medical field while performing research/teaching in nuclear medicine. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Enter medical school and expose yourself to different fields of medicine. It is very early for you to decide on your specialty. Most people change their mind during MS3 and MS4.
I don't think before doing medical school, you can exactly understand what Nucs Docs do.