Dubai Medical College for Girls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jijro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know anything about this medical college? Is it any good? What is the admission policy like for international students?

Thanks

Jijro

Members don't see this ad.

Jijro said:
Hi

Does anyone know anything about this medical college? Is it any good? What is the admission policy like for international students?

Thanks

Jijro

hey.... im in gulf med college,ajman.. i applied 2 dubai med a few months ago.. personally speaking there is a lot of discrimination if u are not a u.a.e local.. not jus me but all xpatriates who applied there are saying it. it is jus that they dont consider u n ask u 2 wait rel long b4 u get a reply... n they dont follow up with u regulerly about ur admission.. u hav 2 keep calling them.. so i suggest u join gulf medical college ajman.. if u are still interested.. next year.. im not sure if they r still taking in new commers.. we started last week... newayz.. tc.. hav a good day

hi saba,
im a graduate from dubai med college,yes,there is a little bit of discrimination,but at the end of the day u r better off in dmc,coz in 3rd year u get to practice in all government hospitals(where maximum exposure to patients is given)in gulf med college u dont have permission to study in those hospitals.Another major thing to consider is that at the end of ur coarse u want the best degree,problem free,which will help u in other countries too,which is offered by DMC no doubt(u dont have to take my word for it,just do ur research and talk to seniors from both colleges and u'll know)
farina

Members don't see this ad :)
are these universities even accredited in the US or Canada??

Is this really a good school? Can someone please explain the process of the steps one takes to practice medicine in the U.S. due to being an a foreign medical graduate? I understand there is some 'fifth' something if you received your bachelor's from the U.S. Isn't it better to attend a D.O. school in the U.S. instead of having to jump through hurdles to practice medicine in the U.S. due to being a foreign graduate?

I am planning to enrol to this college next year but I can't seem to be able to find any information about it on the internet.

I tried looking up forums but there is no info about grads or current students or anything..

I heard it's really good and the educations seems to be good there but apart from that, NO INFORMATION AT ALL.

If someone can please help me and give me some information about Dubai Medical College.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm studying at DMCG...3rd year now...
you have to consider a couple of things before you consider DMCG
it is an all girls college....that automatically means you're going to have a hell lot of rules here
attending classes is mandatory! no excuses!
if you're planning to live at the hostel you're not going to be allowed to go anywhere using the public transport, and if anyone's coming to take you out there has to be a written approval from your guardian
the teachers are good but the biggest problem for me is that the accent is a REALLY strong arabic one....some days i can barely understand them. not everyone has that problem though...some of the girls can easily get them...it's all about how good you are at adapting...
there are no activities EVER...okay maybe once in a while....but people usually avoid those because they're that awful...
there's a pharmacy college right there....DMCG's pretty tiny....3rd years stay for half the year and then clinicals start and you don't go to college anymore, everything's at the hospitals: 3 government hospitals.
each class is max 65 students big
it's an integrated system, not in first year though....and not so much in second year either....but 3rd year finals are comprehensives...so like, 1 whole exam on CNS with all the subjects...
oh and they give you notes at college...so in the end you don't really need to study from books...
1st and 2nd years have research/review articles....which you can present at the conferences if you want
if you have any questions feel free to ask... =)

My sis graduated from there , It's not the kind of college that you come all the way from the US to study in , but it's good for thoose who live in the UAE , and you will finish one earlier if you study there ( it takes 4 years for pharmacy and 5 years for medicine , while other univirsities in the UAE take 5 years for pharmacy and 6 years for medicine )
But remember ; no activities at all

I think you need to consider a big culture adjustment if you are planning to study there because there's really a big difference compared to the Western culture.
Rockwell Jawhorse and Milwaukee M12

Last edited:
I want to know;at dmcg what is the process to entering.do you write the entrance exam first and then have the interview?and what do they ask you at the interview?Please inform...

I want to know;at dmcg what is the process to entering.do you write the entrance exam first and then have the interview?and what do they ask you at the interview?Please inform...

When my sis applied about 5 years ago there was no test , and the interview was pretty much simple , why do you want to become a doctor ?? Why our college ?? They also asked her about us (( her family )) , he asked her how is her connection with us ?? Do you argue alot ?? (( she found this q really Weird for a college admission interview )) , and that's about it .
Try to show a really strong but kind personality , the guy who interviewed her praticularly told her : (( honestly your high school grades are not the best , there are other girls with much better grades , But i liked your personality so i will lett you get in )) . She graduated a year ago and now working in a pharmacy.

Good luck .
Any help , i'm ready (;

Members don't see this ad :)
I briefly visited this school in person and was so disappointed. It looked like an episode of "Romper Room". The ambiance was childish. The school looked creepy as though it was full of male perverts. Doesn't it bother any of you DMC students? The staff wasn't friendly, especially the Dean's Secretary.

When my sis applied about 5 years ago there was no test , and the interview was pretty much simple , why do you want to become a doctor ?? Why our college ?? They also asked her about us (( her family )) , he asked her how is her connection with us ?? Do you argue alot ?? (( she found this q really Weird for a college admission interview )) , and that's about it .
Try to show a really strong but kind personality , the guy who interviewed her praticularly told her : (( honestly your high school grades are not the best , there are other girls with much better grades , But i liked your personality so i will lett you get in )) . She graduated a year ago and now working in a pharmacy.

Good luck .
Any help , i'm ready (;

Yes I do want to become a doctor. But I'm from south Africa not UAE or gulf so I thought I might have to write an entrance exam. N well I chose dmc coz I'm Muslim n my parents would prefer a girls college and I think it's the only girls medical school. N I'm used to a lot of rules:)
Okay well I sTart grade 12 this month so should I start applying or do I have to wait for my finaL exam results.
N I don't mean to sound boastful but my grades are good.

Yes I do want to become a doctor. But I'm from south Africa not UAE or gulf so I thought I might have to write an entrance exam. N well I chose dmc coz I'm Muslim n my parents would prefer a girls college and I think it's the only girls medical school. N I'm used to a lot of rules:)
Okay well I sTart grade 12 this month so should I start applying or do I have to wait for my finaL exam results.
N I don't mean to sound boastful but my grades are good.

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I honestly rarely check this forum.
I think admission starts in June, that's when my sister applied. High schools in the UAE finish in June so that's when all of the universities in the UAE start their admissions process. I believe there is no early admission but you need to check for that cuz Iam honestly not sure at all.
Good luck, feel free to ask any further questions :) but please PM me your questions as I rarely check the forum but if I got a PM i will be notified through Email.

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously I was wrong. DMCG requires either IELTS or TOEFL. When my sister applied she didn't need any, but recently they started requiring one of these exams. You should check the college's website. And there is an entrance exam in Biology and Chem (( really sorry for the wrong info, though when my sis applied none of these were needed)).

http://www.dmcg.edu/

Check the requirements here :

http://www.dmcg.edu/admission.php?navmenu=1

Candidate Applying from outside UAE: Higher secondary certificate should be attested from Ministry of Education in their country, Foreign Affairs, and UAE embassy in their country

TOEFL OR IELTS is needed (( notice the OR ))

TOEFL: Paper based Passing marks is 500 and above, Internet based Passing marks is 61 and above, Computer based Passing marks is 173 and above.
ILETS: Passing marks 5
For American board TOEFL and*SAT I are needed.
SAT I passing marks is 400 and above.

Admission for the Academic Year 2012-2013 will begin on the*1st*of June 2012

hello,
can someone give me an idea on what the entrance exam for DMCG will be like? I'm a little nervous and i would REALLY appreciate it if someone gave me a few sample questions so i can understand the level of the entrance exam.

hello,
can someone give me an idea on what the entrance exam for DMCG will be like? I'm a little nervous and i would REALLY appreciate it if someone gave me a few sample questions so i can understand the level of the entrance exam.

Will someone answer her please?
I only registered to find the answer so, PLEASE.

Request. I know this is old thread. But actually I want to apply for next class of MBBS in 2014-2015 in DMCG, Dubai Medical College . I did not find the way to apply on their website. When is application deadline to apply for?. Any notes or booklet,website to pass "Entrance exam in Biology and Chemistry for admission" . How can I apply on website or by Email .Where to download admission application form and what documents will I need to submit for admission?. After passing their MBBS in DMCG , can I take/write UAE ,license examination to practice as a GP, in UAE and other GCC countires? . Their hostel accomodation/food is expensive.Is there any cheaper accomodation available near DMCG??.Best Regards

Request. I know this is old thread. But actually I want to apply for next class of MBBS in 2014-2015 in DMCG, Dubai Medical College . I did not find the way to apply on their website. When is application deadline to apply for?. Any notes or booklet,website to pass "Entrance exam in Biology and Chemistry for admission" . How can I apply on website or by Email .Where to download admission application form and what documents will I need to submit for admission?. After passing their MBBS in DMCG , can I take/write UAE ,license examination to practice as a GP, in UAE and other GCC countires? . Their hostel accomodation/food is expensive.Is there any cheaper accomodation available near DMCG??.Best Regards
As far as I know, admissions ended way back in July. I remember a couple of students who applied late last year, and they were put on a "waiting list". Basically you have to wait until a first year student no longer wishes to attend DMCG and you take her place. But from what I've heard, chances of that happening are a bit slim since some of the early applicants who didn't do as well in the exam and interview as those accepted are also in that waiting list, and they usually accept those first.
Do you have a backup plan? Another medical college you have been accepted to (ex: UOS, GMC, or RAK medical university?)

if anyone can help i've got some questions about this college. I wanna know if someone who graduated from there gets good job offers and whether they recommend it or not?

Hi all, i was wondering if someone can help me. I'm 32 RN (class of 2009 from QUT Queensland Australia) i badly want to study medicine. I got into to med here but had to withdraw due to family reasons ( had to care for a family member) and now my family are planning to move to dubai ....uae. i haven't found any info about how to or what information they need for admission requirements as they are still asking for high school certificates..... please help. i have emailed GMU and i am having trouble with getting any info and keep sending information about other postgrad degrees. i have emailed UAEA but I'm not a UAE national. i have emailed DMGC no word yet.