don't wait until it's too late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm listening to the Audio Digest Board Review and doing questions from the Focus book. Hopefully I can pass and be done with this come September.

Wait, what happens if you fail boards? Don't you just retake the exam? I don't get why you'd complete residency, fail the boards, then re-enter residency in a different field when you say you're not burned out? I mean, I get liking FM, but I don't like anything enough to go through residency again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For questions, the Psychiatry board review book by Kenney and Spiegel is all you need to crush the board exam. Do all the questions timed, and review all the explanations. It is concise and more difficult than the actual exam. Watch the vignettes on the APBN website to practice video questions. Easy peasy.
Hi - can you please tell me how to get to the practice vignettes on the ABPN website? I wasn't able to figure it out. Thanks!

I agree with the question bank. I learn from questions, not through textbooks or videos. But I still contend that Speigel is all you need: it has 900 questions, I believe, and I did that 3 or 4 times over and felt super prepared for the boards. YMMV.

I also had a bootleg copy of Kaufman neuro review course which I thought was OK, but neuro questions were way better in Spiegel.
Still have the bootleg copy and if so, would you mind sharing it?

So uh... Hypothetically if one were to take the boards in three weeks, what is the most "high yield" study material out there if they just want to brush up on the basics?

Asking for a friend. 👀

So uh... Hypothetically if one were to take the boards in three weeks, what is the most "high yield" study material out there if they just want to brush up on the basics?

Asking for a friend. 👀
The Kenney and Spiegel book.
If crunched for time, don't read it. Do the practice tests, timed. After each test, review the questions you got wrong.
View vignettes on ABPN site. Job done.

Amazon product

Reactions: 1 user
Kenney and Spiegel is all you need to crush the board exam.
Agree with the above and I'm echoing statements but K&S (NO NOT KAPLAN AND SADOCK, they're terrible for questions) while excellent only has so many questions. Most people will want more questions than is contained in that book. The problem here is that no other book I've seen has good questions other than Kenney and Spiegel.