Don't have a COMLEX PE Grade yet..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiths11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do ACGME EM programs care if the Comlex PE (or USMLE CS) grades aren't in. I am taking my PE super late, and my grade won't be back until after rank lists are due. I know for AOA programs, this can be a big deal. I can pay a lot of money and move up my exam, if this is actually an issue. So just wanted to gather everyone's thoughts. TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Have to have it by rank list time. No exceptions for my program. Won't be ranked without it, no matter how strong of a candidate you are. Not a red flag if you don't have it by interview time, but it does raise some questions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do ACGME EM programs care if the Comlex PE (or USMLE CS) grades aren't in. I am taking my PE super late, and my grade won't be back until after rank lists are due. I know for AOA programs, this can be a big deal. I can pay a lot of money and move up my exam, if this is actually an issue. So just wanted to gather everyone's thoughts. TIA
Hi I am in the same situation at the moment. I will not take my PE until late November. Do you think that will affect the application process? How did this issue work for you?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Must have a passing PE or CS score to be ranked. As long as score in by ranking time u should be ok. Not passing puts you in jeopardy of not graduating on time, and not being able to start residency on time. Programs don't want to chance that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app