Does PTCAS accept electronic transcripts or not? Conflicting answers...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AerialPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So about a month ago, I ordered 2 of my transcripts to be sent electronically via Credentials Solutions, which PTCAS states on their FAQ that they now accept (https://portal.ptcas.org/ptcasHelpP...icial-transcripts-u-s-institutions/index.html). On my PTCAS portal, it even states that they received my transcripts for those schools while processing my application.

However, I checked their twitter page earlier today and some people asked if they could send transcripts electronically, to which PTCAS answered definitively no, and that they HAD to be sent in paper form... I'm kind of concerned because I didn't even check this earlier because I just assumed my electronic transcripts were acceptable because PTCAS told me they received them, and now it's kind of late in the game.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent one of my two transcripts electronically through Credentials Solutions. They worked out just fine and were verified.

I sent one of my transcripts electronically. If the school's online ordering system lets you upload an attachment, then you can. You just have to be able to attach that PTCAS form to your order.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also had no problem with the electronic transcript that I sent to PTCAS.

Were you guys able to attach the transcript matching form when sending transcripts electronically?

Were you guys able to attach the transcript matching form when sending transcripts electronically?

When you order the transcript you designate the recipient as PTCAS. There will then be a spot for you to enter he number listed under the barcode of the transcript matching form given to you. So that is how you're attaching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
My school uses Parchment, I believe, to send electronic transcripts. When I sent it to PTCAS, the school did not ask me for an email address, just basically let me check a box that said PTCAS. I got an email saying that they will be able to download it shortly, but since I've otherwise been told that PTCAS only accepts transcripts through Credential Solutions, I'm not sure they'll actually receive it. Should I resend a hard copy or be patient?

My school uses Parchment, I believe, to send electronic transcripts. When I sent it to PTCAS, the school did not ask me for an email address, just basically let me check a box that said PTCAS. I got an email saying that they will be able to download it shortly, but since I've otherwise been told that PTCAS only accepts transcripts through Credential Solutions, I'm not sure they'll actually receive it. Should I resend a hard copy or be patient?
Hard copy.

Reactions: 1 user
Another transcripts question:

I just got an email from TWU saying that they need my transcripts sent directly to them in addition to those sent to PTCAS... Are there other schools that do this or do all schools need transcripts sent directly? I didn't see that information listed anywhere and I'm concerned that I'll miss that another school needs this and my app won't be processed.

Another transcripts question:

I just got an email from TWU saying that they need my transcripts sent directly to them in addition to those sent to PTCAS... Are there other schools that do this or do all schools need transcripts sent directly? I didn't see that information listed anywhere and I'm concerned that I'll miss that another school needs this and my app won't be processed.
If the school needed them sent directly to them, I'm sure it would be stated in writing somewhere, or they would have let you know like TWU did.