Does it matter if you submit ERAS app 1st day apps opens?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medivh101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit unclear about timing of ERAS applications. The instructions state that "Applicants can begin applying to ACGME-accredited programs on September 6". However, "ACGME-accredited programs can begin viewing applications September 15th".

Is there any advantage to submitting on September 6, even though residency programs won't be able to view your app until September 15? For instance, can you be granted interview spots sooner? Will applications submitted on September 6 be viewed earlier than, say, those submitted on September 12?

I'm curious of this deadline because I want to have my LORs in by the time I apply--I'm not sure whether to tell my LOR writers to have it in by September 6 vs. 15?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I told all my letter writers the first day that I was able to submit (actually, the first of the month, with a friendly reminder when they didn't have them to me by that time). Because if they get it in by that day, ERAs will be able to process it on time to actually send them to programs when programs are able to view.

Reactions: 1 user