Does it make sense?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manamman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDNers,

I am accepted to Case Western Reserve (Private) and University of Kentucky (Public). I am an out of state for both schools. Overall, Case would be $15K cheaper than Kentucky (~$4K/year), which is not much compared to the total $400k tuition anyways.

So would it make sense to pick Case Western? It's a private school anyways and a bit cheaper (not a lot, I know)!

Members don't see this ad.

with a cost differential that small you can actually use factors like "fit" and "feel" and all that other flowery bs to choose your dental school.

which one do you like more?

I like Case bcz of their Dentsim lab. I dont remember anything from kentucky

Members don't see this ad :)
cool, i liked it too. keep in mind you're only in there for a few short months before you jump into the other preclinical areas.

cool, i liked it too. keep in mind you're only in there for a few short months before you jump into the other preclinical areas.
Yes. I'm aware.
Did u interview there or are you a student there?

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed there. didn't apply to UK.

Anyone else has any comments/suggestions?

Anyone else has any comments/suggestions?
while 15K doesn't seem like much... 15k @ 6.9% [the current rate, which will increase in January}... turns into 20K in 10 years... oh? don't pay off your loan in 10 years... lets look at the common 25 years... that's 32K... so my point is that 15K matters.

go to CASE!!!

Other than money, i wasn't that impressed by UK and think Case is a better option. You'll get better training and skills when you graduate, regardless if you go onto residency.