This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariposas905

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Last year's thread shows that people who submitted mid-July were still verified in time. For example, someone who submitted July 25 was verified August 18, and the people who submitted July 14 were verified Aug. 10th etc.

Should I trust this thread or is there reason to believe that verification will take longer this cycle?...I'm worried that if I submit say July 7 after getting my MCAT score, it will take 8 weeks for AMCAS to verify it leaving me into Sept :(
Relax, you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My AMCAS isn't fully ready yet...I'm still polishing up a few things. I don't want to rush it and was planning to submit by July 1. However, I was told if I'm waiting until then anyway, it might be better to edit it more fully and submit after I get my score July 6.
It will very likely be ~3 weeks for verification. July 1 or July 6 (or 15) will be fine.

My AMCAS isn't fully ready yet...I'm still polishing up a few things. I don't want to rush it and was planning to submit by July 1. However, I was told if I'm waiting until then anyway, it might be better to edit it more fully and submit after I get my score July 6.

Honestly, the only thing you can control at this point is when you submit. This forum says the earlier the better. So focus on that. After that, it is what it is and there's nothing you can do about it.

Someone recently told me to try to enjoy this process. My initial reaction was, HOW SWAY?! And after a bit of reflection I realized the biggest thing I can do to not stress is just let it go. You can't rush thing. Do your part. Stay on top of your responsibilities this cycle and then relax. You aren't in control. It is what it is.

is when you submit secondaries more important than when you submit primary? Obviously I know like waiting util august/september to submit primary is late, but is it "more important" to submit secondaries quickly, as long as they are well written, since it leads to a complete application quicker?

Have your transcripts submitted now if you haven't yet. It took AMCAS nearly 3 weeks to *open* a transcript that had already been delivered in the mail and to mark it as received on my account. So even though I submitted my app June 7, and all my transcripts had already been submitted, it wasn't marked "ready for review" until the 19th. Because they were slow just opening the mail and marking the transcript as received. Now I won't be verified until July. So just plan on random things holding your verification. They do get hundreds of thousands of papers to sort through, etc.

It was mailed the first of June. Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row. Essays can be really tough. If I were you I'd take another day or two on the essays to feel secure about them and then submit to get the looong process started. Then you'll be verified immediately when your MCAT is in. Good luck!