Do you still hang out with your old friends?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwaway1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a 3 day music festival with some friends from undergrad/highschool. I had a great time and they are already planning the next event (Ultra Music Festival) in March. When I checked my schedule it looks like I won't have a break around that time. I start dental school next week and after looking at my schedule I realized that I may not see my old friends again for a long time. I've been friends with these people since high school. Even though I've been told I'll make new friends in dental school, I still can't help but feel a little down. Dental students--do you still hangout with your old friends from dental school. Would I be able to skip a Friday in March if I have no exams?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got back from a 3 day music festival with some friends from undergrad/highschool. I had a great time and they are already planning the next event (Ultra Music Festival) in March. When I checked my schedule it looks like I won't have a break around that time. I start dental school next week and after looking at my schedule I realized that I may not see my old friends again for a long time. I've been friends with these people since high school. Even though I've been told I'll make new friends in dental school, I still can't help but feel a little down. Dental students--do you still hangout with your old friends from dental school. Would I be able to skip a Friday in March if I have no exams?
It's possible, depending on what school you go to, and your professor. Not every class is mandatory in many schools.

As you get older, you find that friends come and go. People become very busy with work, school, families, etc as they get older.
You'll make good friends in dental school. You'll make good friends when you settle down after school. So don't be too down if you can't make a concert.

Reactions: 4 users
No tiesto for you next year

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hang out with my old friends more than I hang out with my classmates most of the time. There are people I hang out with at school but nothing has changed. I'm actually more social now then I was in undergrad. I spend more time hanging out with friends and giving myself time to relax. In undergrad I was working 30+ hours a week and going to school full time so there wasn't much down time. Now I just do school and although it's tough I still make time to relax. Also I skip class all the time.

Reactions: 1 users
I hang out with my old friends more than I hang out with my classmates most of the time. There are people I hang out with at school but nothing has changed. I'm actually more social now then I was in undergrad. I spend more time hanging out with friends and giving myself time to relax. In undergrad I was working 30+ hours a week and going to school full time so there wasn't much down time. Now I just do school and although it's tough I still make time to relax. Also I skip class all the time.
Thanks. I think I'm just getting nervous about starting dental school and the big changes that are coming for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. I think I'm just getting nervous about starting dental school and the big changes that are coming for me.
Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to hang out with my undergrad friends that much since I'm coming from 800+ miles away. It's gonna be tough living in a new area but I'm looking forward to making a bunch of new friends!

Reactions: 1 user