Do residency programs have the same rank order list deadline (March 3) as applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slippers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only reason I am asking this is because I am currently on rotation at one of the programs I interviewed with. And just to make this clear: I have absolutely no intention of slacking after the deadline passes. I am aware of the advice to treat all rotations "like an interview" and I have always put my best effort into all my rotations. My reason for wishing to know is that I absolutely hate the looming feeling that "one accidentally wrong move" could completely jeopardize my chances of matching. I know this is unlikely, but some people I've met are ridiculously fickle (OMG she throws her coat in the washer, she doesn't dry clean it??? She brings her lunch instead of buying expensive food every day?? NO FUN AT ALL! NO WAY we can have THAT candidate at our program!)
So I'm curious: is the deadline for residency programs to submit rank order lists March 3 or sometime between March 3 and March 17 (when match results are released)?

I think it is March 3 since the Match website states:

"Between the Rank Order List Certification Deadline and Match Day, the NRMP conducts a rigorous review of Match data, including:
  • Assessing and confirming the integrity of the data
  • Conducting a final verification of applicants’ credentials
  • etc. etc.
These steps, all completed in a few weeks, ensure the accuracy of Match results."

I know it is only for my psychological peace of mind, but would appreciate knowing!

Members don't see this ad.