DO Ortho Residency Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOther

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To the DO ortho residents, fellows, attendings of SDN,

How many audition rotations did you go on, how many IIs did you receive and how many did you go to?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Rotated at 5 places, 1 month everywhere except two 2 week rotations. Got about 8-9 interview invites, went to 4.

Rotated at 5 places, 1 month everywhere except two 2 week rotations. Got about 8-9 interview invites, went to 4.
Awesome, thank you for the response. Can I ask why you only went to 4 of the invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thank you for the response. Can I ask why you only went to 4 of the invites?

Most DO programs are pretty honest with you about where you stand, and after I received good feedback from two of my top choices I felt comfortable cancelling the other interviews.

Most DO programs are pretty honest with you about where you stand, and after I received good feedback from two of my top choices I felt comfortable cancelling the other interviews.
Ah ok. So you had initially accepted them but cancelled after the feedback from the first two.

When did you do all 5 rotations, if you don't mind me asking? June - October?

Ah ok. So you had initially accepted them but cancelled after the feedback from the first two.

When did you do all 5 rotations, if you don't mind me asking? June - October?

The prime months to rotate are the beginning of July to the end of October since interview invites start going out in early October and interview season begins in late October.

July - November. November was tough and I ended up missing quite a bit of time from this rotation due to interviews. Every interview I went on was between October 31 and November 15.

Awesome, thank you both! When is the best time for me to get in touch with programs about scheduling auditions? I'm a second year and boards is right around the corner. So while I'm putting all my energy into that, I'm trying to gather more info on the process. The earliest ortho rotation I can do is December of 3rd year. Is January early enough to contact programs or earlier?

I started contacting places end of December/beginning of January of 3rd year to schedule

Reactions: 1 users