Do i still apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasonboy94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my AACOMAS GPA calculation and am a bit worried. I am ORM (Indian look Spanish if that helps lol) living in NYC

My cGPA is 3.16 and my sGPA is 3.15. These are with 2 masters courses i've taken. I'm currently in a 33 credit research masters program at my Undergrad university.

I was banking on grade replacement which would've made is 3.31 and 3.34 respectively.

My pre-med adviser suggested i continue with the application process partly based on my MCAT score of 506 (125/127/128/126).

I have decent shadowing experiences (DO 50) (300 hours), TA (200) research (900 2 presentations 1 award)+ volunteer (150 Hospital during senior year of high school and freshman year of college) (100 hours making phone calls for political campaign)(50 hours designing website for non-profit working to provide children with money for college). 1 year president of biology club.

Do you think i stand a chance this cycle and do you have any specific schools you would greatly recommend i apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Gpa breakdown might shed a little light. Ie how you did in the most recent upper level sciences and the prereqs. Its not like you cant make it work but the gpa needs to be strong trend I think.

Gpa breakdown might shed a little light. Ie how you did in the most recent upper level sciences and the prereqs. Its not like you cant make it work but the gpa needs to be strong trend I think.

I started freshman year with a 2.0 gpa. I mention in my personal statement that my mother got sick and i took on a full time job to cover. It steadily went up although i struggled during my sophomore year. I got a C- and D in organic Chemistry which i retook and got a B+ and B. The only other class i retook was Bio 101 which i initially got a C- but retook and got an A. My senior year was all upper science courses and my highest GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a tough case and someome more knowledgeable may need to give you advice

Those GPA's are on the border of impossible. However, if you plan on proceeding anyways, you should apply to every school that does not have an instate bias. The newest schools should be your first picks (ACOM, ARCOM, NYITCOM Arkansas, etc etc etc)

Kind of also depends on how you do on your MCAT. If you're above a 503/504 then it'll look better. Anything below that shows that you can't test well in class and you can't test well on the MCAT. Sone schools have specific requirements for who can and can't receive a secondary based on GPA values. At this point it's tough because you can't change anything especially with the new regrade policy. Hope things turn out for you

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user