Do I have to complete the entire section bank to get to the solutions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dirtybird

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to complete all 300 questions before I'm able to see my score + answers?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have to answer/click next through all 100 questions of either the biological sciences, physical sciences, or psych/soc section (you have an option to choose which one before you start your series of questions) to see that section's solutions, unless you indicate that you wish to see solutions as you go, which you can select before you start the questions.

If I select "see solutions" how many passages or questions can I complete before I click on the corresponding solutions? Can I complete five or six passages passages (which might be 25+ questions) and then go back and see all the solutions for all of those questions/passages before I move on? Can I move back to previous pages to look at questions/solutions?

Clicking the "see solutions" modification at the very beginning should allow you to view the solution for every single question, whenever you'd want to view it! You can attempt to answer the question first, then check your answer, you can view the solutions right away as you go along, etc. It's left entirely up to you. To answer your other question, yes, you'd be able to go through 5-6 passages and then go back to those earlier passages to view the solutions to those questions.
Just be warned that doing so will take up a great deal of time. When you finish the section bank there will be a report which shows all the answers you got correct and what subject and question type they fell under, etc., but it will also tell you the total time it took you to complete it. I'd recommend timing yourself for those passages and then recording that time somewhere for your own records so that you don't get into a bad habit of going through passages too slowly.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
"When you finish the section bank there will be a report which shows all the answers you got correct ". Does this report list questions I got wrong? Will the report list all the 100 questions and allow me to re-examine every question whether I got it right or wrong?

It reports your overall percent correct, but you will be able to go back and view your correct and incorrect responses.

:...yes, you'd be able to go through 5-6 passages and then go back to those earlier passages to view the solutions to those questions." just wondering if you have actually tried doing 6 entire passages and then going back a few pages to check the solutions. I saw a previous post that said something like going back a few pages is not possible.

:...yes, you'd be able to go through 5-6 passages and then go back to those earlier passages to view the solutions to those questions." just wondering if you have actually tried doing 6 entire passages and then going back a few pages to check the solutions. I saw a previous post that said something like going back a few pages is not possible.
My section bank expired so I can't double check for you, but I believe that when I took mine you could review any passage at any time before you submitted it. I did not complete the section bank with the solutions on, but I did some q-banks with solutions on, and you could go back to any question and view the solution later on, even before submission.

Okay, so each attempt only allows you to complete one of the 3 science sections. So you must use up 3 attempts in order to do the entire section bank.

My suggestion for everybody is to start each attempt with the solutions on. Didn't realize you could do all the questions without looking at the solutions at all. If you don't plan on finishing the entire section bank in 1 day, you can at least go back and look at the solutions for problems that you'd rather not sleep on.

Last edited: