Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Muraca15, May 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Muraca15

Muraca15

Friday
    I'm applying to PT school this summer. I have an overall GPA of 3.89, 157 on the verbal part of the GRE, 154 on the quantitive part, and a 4 on the writing. I meet the standards for most schools. I'm worried about only having 80 hours of shadowing experience. Do I have a chance?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dinked

Dinked

Mar 15, 2016
    your stats are great! you definitely have a great chance, unless you just completely bomb the essay and your interviews. Otherwise try to diversify your hours rather than getting quantity.

4. nd_dpt

nd_dpt

Nov 12, 2015
    Your stats are great. However, if your hours are only in one setting I highly encourage you to do some in at least one other.

5. ptstudent408

ptstudent408

Dec 26, 2016
    I had almost the exact same stats as you and was accepted into two different programs. I second what nd_dpt said, make sure you have some diversity in hours. I did 50 outpatient general PT clinic (ortho, neuro, etc) and 30 inpatient skilled nursing, so same total of 80 as you.