Do DO schools accept community college credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhooy7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any DO schools that do not accept community college credits. I took classes at both a 4-year school and community college. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering if there are any DO schools that do not accept community college credits. I took classes at both a 4-year school and community college. Thanks!
I contacted my advisor and looked on several schools websites. I did not see this on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad to hear that. I'm not sure why they wouldn't but someone told me they aren't accepted and he attended medical school already so I thought I'd check

They did for me, although if they are your core classes (biology, organic chem...etc) they will have to be validated before they can act as your required core class. And know that rule applies outside of just the core courses to the individual medical schools. I have heard this story several times and it almost happened to me as well: after my acceptance my medical school went through all of my classes and their required courses (like psychology, 6 credits, biology-8 credits....) and they said my sociology credits didn't apply. It was through several nerve wracking phone calls and some emailed syllabi from my original schools that they finally approved my courses. Else, I would of had to take the summer class equivalent before starting classes in the fall. So just have all your ducks in a row and be prepared to email the original course syllabi to the medical school/AACOMAS if need be.

I am not sure, but my guess would be it depends individually on the university policy. If you have a requirement you are concerned with you can always email the admissions team at a few schools you are interested in and see how they view it.

All prereqs taken at CC. Multiple interview invites.