Do any of the optometry schools give academic forgiveness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barnabus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope so, or I'm royally screwed. Or is it possible to go back and retake all those prerequisite courses even though I've taken some of them in the past 5 years? Anyone? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

What? Does "academic forgiveness" mean letting people with crappy grades get into school because they "tried hard" or "really want to be an OD"?

I hope so, or I'm royally screwed. Or is it possible to go back and retake all those prerequisite courses even though I've taken some of them in the past 5 years? Anyone? :confused:

"academic forgiveness" HAHAHAHA wow nice one barney.... even muopt wouldn't say someting like that :laugh:

if your pre-req grades are bad, you have three options that can make you more competitive. in the order of importance, in my opinion- 1. retake prereqs (at a JC is fine) 2. score really high on the OAT 3. take upper div human biology/science courses. ideally, you should try and do all three.

make sure you don't cover your application with whining. g'luck! :thumbup: