DIY Post-Bacc Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkowalski17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do retakes count as post-bacc credit? Lets say I took Organic I with a B- the first time, and retook it a second time and got an A. I know the grades would average, but would the averaged grade be calculated into the new post-bacc GPA?

There are three medical schools here in Michigan that will be disregard your undergrad cGPA if you take 16 or 20+ credits of new upper level science courses (BCPM 3000+). This new post-bacc GPA will then be considered the new sGPA, and with a strong MCAT score it makes you a competitive applicant. If anyone has knowledge of these policies, do you think my retake would be counted into the new cumulative GPA? (I only retook the class as I was not aware of the D.O. grade replacement policy change until after the semester began).

Members don't see this ad.

Do retakes count as post-bacc credit? Lets say I took Organic I with a B- the first time, and retook it a second time and got an A. I know the grades would average, but would the averaged grade be calculated into the new post-bacc GPA?

There are three medical schools here in Michigan that will be disregard your undergrad cGPA if you take 16 or 20+ credits of new upper level science courses (BCPM 3000+). This new post-bacc GPA will then be considered the new sGPA, and with a strong MCAT score it makes you a competitive applicant. If anyone has knowledge of these policies, do you think my retake would be counted into the new cumulative GPA? (I only retook the class as I was not aware of the D.O. grade replacement policy change until after the semester began).
What are the Medical schools?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Can you please tell us what are the medical schools..?!

I believe it's better to take new classes and get good grades. Based on what I have read in sdn retake all pre req classes you have C- and lower!!