NotAProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posted for a user:

-------

Essentially, a professor and I had a disagreement. It became obvious that the professor was not going to adhere to his syllabus and made it clear that he had the privilege to "help those who needed help" when it came to grades. Although I'd been working diligently he was adamant that I withdraw and assured me that the rest of the class was improving (the overall exam average-after 4 exams-was about 40%). I felt that he was acting in a purely subject and unfair way and took my issue up the chain of command continuously (i.e. department chairperson, dean, etc). The professor ducked me continuously so, albeit inappropriate, I went into one of his classes to try to speak with him and people ASSUMED I intended to harm him and campus police arrived. I decided to cut my losses and withdraw and I took the appropriate form to the math department where a faculty member was very rude to me. I became livid (which is rare for me) and I stupidly kicked a hole in a wall and was subsequently arrested. In addition, I'm now learning that the professor is asserting that I was stalking him and I have no clue as to how he arrived at this conclusion.

Judicial affairs is saying I'm guilty of harassment, violent behavior, destruction of property and failure to obey a staff member. I willingly admit to destroying property but the other claims are unfounded. Although it is no excuse, financial aid gave me my refund EXTREMELY late to the point that I missed 2 months of bills. Additionally, it seems that many of professor are actively breaking many rules (e.g. one professor CANNOT be found during office hours although there are rules which dictate that professor MUST have office hours).

I feel as though I exercised poor judgment but it seems as though the school is actively working to destroy my character.

Sorry for the long response but I thought I should be frank and thorough.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.