MCAT Difference between the 2013 TBR books and the newest ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm considering buying used 2013 TBR books, but I'm not sure if those are adequate enough for the new MCAT. I am planning on taking the MCAT in the spring of 2017. Would it be better to buy the newer editions of TBR or try to hunt for older versions? Thanks!
I would also like the answer to this question, I have been in the same boat as you!

By all means get the most up-to-date versions of the books. There was a big change in the passages and biology-related material in chemistry and physics in the latest books. If you are looking to save money, enough time has passed that you can find used 2016 books for about the same price as 2013 books. It's not worth trying to save a few bucks and use the less current books. The newest books emphasize more experimental logic questions and data analysis questions. And based on the score people have been getting using the newest books (both the ones posted here at SDN as well as the ones in our course), they are highly effective.