Dermatology Spreadsheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undercoverDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the match is over the need for anonymity has hopefully lessened for most as well. As such, I am going to change the dermatology google sheet to View Only. Someone else can feel free to start a new one for next year by just copying and pasting info. It's been a crazy ride and I look forward to meeting everyone in the near future.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same spreadsheet that's on the Facebook group? I know a lot of the new admits have been posting there...

Edit: sorry, if you don't have the link: www.facebook.com/groups/DermMD

Sort of random, but I'm trying to schedule my Fourth year dermatology away rotations, and the way the dates work out I wouldn't have to cut interview time if I do an away rotation (where they interview all rotators) before my home Derm rotation. I am wondering if it is a bad idea to do an away before the home Derm rotation because I probably will seem pretty incompetent starting fourth year in a new setting that I need to "impress" at. Any info is appreciated.

Sort of random, but I'm trying to schedule my Fourth year dermatology away rotations, and the way the dates work out I wouldn't have to cut interview time if I do an away rotation (where they interview all rotators) before my home Derm rotation. I am wondering if it is a bad idea to do an away before the home Derm rotation because I probably will seem pretty incompetent starting fourth year in a new setting that I need to "impress" at. Any info is appreciated.

It can work both ways.

If you really want to match at the away rotation, then yes, it's probably not the best idea to start off with an away.

That being said, if you really want to match with your home program, then doing an away elsewhere allows you to pick up some valuable pointers and hopefully shine when you do your home rotation.

If I could redo it, I would probably opt to do an away at a place where I would be happy to match but wouldn't necessarily rank #1. I'd follow it with my home program and then an away rotation at a place I really wanted to match.

Reactions: 1 user