Department of Medicine LoR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Santi1111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I just wanted to ask for a sample of a DOM letter of recommendation. I am an IMG and my school do not write them on a regular basis, so the Chairman wants me to write it. I have the guidelines but it is very hard!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So your school is not used to writing letters? And wants you to write your own letter?

Is this for medicine residency?

Your program is doing a disservice to not only you but any program you apply to. Shame on the "chairman" for punting this back to you.

Reactions: 1 users
So your school is not used to writing letters? And wants you to write your own letter?

Is this for medicine residency?

Your program is doing a disservice to not only you but any program you apply to. Shame on the "chairman" for punting this back to you.

Well, it is not like he is not used to, but I have seen that those letters are more than just a LoR, they have graphs and other stuff and not just text. In my country those kind of letters do not exist and it is not common for my peers to leave the country to do the residency in the US, so that is why I think he asked me to it.

Well, it is not like he is not used to, but I have seen that those letters are more than just a LoR, they have graphs and other stuff and not just text. In my country those kind of letters do not exist and it is not common for my peers to leave the country to do the residency in the US, so that is why I think he asked me to it.

What you are referring to is the Dean's letter, which details your 'journey' through medical school by comparing you to your peers (with those little graphs). The Department Chair letter is a more condensed form specific to the field you are applying to.