Dentist income

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgh7860993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be an entering D1 at a private dental school this Fall. The level of debt that I'll be in has gotten me interested in learning more about income potential in general dentistry. With current trends, I am wondering if it is generally common/possible to reach a $200,000 income as a general dentist (after a certain level of experience) working for someone else for one's entire career? Not right after graduation but eventually progressing to that level? Is reaching $200,000 annual income fairly common as an experienced associate, being part of a dental group, working for a corporation? Or is this level something that can only be attained owning your own private practice? Just trying to get an idea of what can be expected in income potential for those who may not be interested inowning a practice? I am not very familiar with this type of knowledge and was wondering if anyone has any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

Dentists, General

Link to the governments data, although like other endeavors you'll find there are people who are highly motivated with the right skill set in the right areas who do quite well. Like one of my instructors told me a long time ago " You have four years to teach yourself to be the best dentist possible which includes both dental skills and people skills. Make the most of it.".

Reactions: 1 user