Dental volunteer work overseas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kumngoe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When it comes down to volunteer work, any is good. But what really stands out?

Over the summer, I spent two weeks in Costco Rico with an organization called International Outreach Project, where I incorporated dentistry by coming up with a oral hygiene lecture to children at a daycare and villagers at health fairs.

I love volunteering and traveling, but it puts a big hole in my pocket and I am from a humble background. I justify myself by telling me that it not only help others, but also myself in the future. I really want to go to Africa and Costco Rica again, and was wondering if doing more of this would help me tremendously.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

It will help you for sure. Schools want to see a well-rounded applicant. However, don't forget to keep a good GPA and do good in the DAT. Sadly, you can have all the greatest experiences and all the volunteer work, but if your stats are not average or above average (better), it won't be enough. There are lots of good canditates that can have the same stats as you, but if you have this extra thing, you will be ahead of them. Good luck!:)

When it comes down to volunteer work, any is good. But what really stands out?

Over the summer, I spent two weeks in Costco Rico with an organization called International Outreach Project, where I incorporated dentistry by coming up with a oral hygiene lecture to children at a daycare and villagers at health fairs.

I love volunteering and traveling, but it puts a big hole in my pocket and I am from a humble background. I justify myself by telling me that it not only help others, but also myself in the future. I really want to go to Africa and Costco Rica again, and was wondering if doing more of this would help me tremendously.

Thank you.

I had some overseas dental volunteering also;it helped:)